180 Gallon: Taking Fish Suggestions!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MyraAlam

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'll be purchasing a 180 gallon tank and am currently doing my fish research for it. ^_^ My list as of now consists of the following:

6 Boesemani rainbowfish
6 Zebra danio
6 Harlequin rasbora
6 Swordtails
2 Keyhole Cichlids
2 Blue Rams
12 Cardinal Tetra
6 Diamond Tetra
2 Pearl Gourami

First off, can I add any more fish to this tank and still have everyone living comfortably? Secondly, if I can, what would you suggest I add? Thanks!

th some of those fish that your planning why don;t you keep discus!!! they;d look great in a tank taht size

th some of those fish that your planning why don;t you keep discus!!! they;d look great in a tank taht size

Unfortunately I've heard discus require a lot of expert care. Is this true? I wouldn't really call myself an expert, I'd rather not kill off several Discus while trying to find out. :p I also have a thing about keeping several different shoals of fish together, I think it makes a spectacular display. ^_^

Knowing now the size of tank (whereas didnt on your previous thread), I would say double the shoal of bosesmani's :good:

I would also say treble your danios, tetras, rasboras, double the cardinals and you will still have plenty of space left.

Unfortunately I've heard discus require a lot of expert care. Is this true? I wouldn't really call myself an expert, I'd rather not kill off several Discus while trying to find out. :p I also have a thing about keeping several different shoals of fish together, I think it makes a spectacular display. ^_^

I think thats a myth to be honest as I've never found them difficult fish to keep. And they would look fab full grown in a tank that size

Get 6-8 clown loaches in that tank.

now that would look good!!!

If you want you can get oscars.

You can get these leapord bush fish. Heres an image.

You can keep them with clown loaches but don't put anything smaller than 5 cm in that tank as they will eat them.

I'll be getting them when i get my big tank.

Hope you don't mind me asking - but what are the dimensions of the tank you're getting. 180 gallon is pretty big!! I'm having trouble imagining what it would look like. Would be rather stunning though and would give scope for some rather impressive fishkeeping.

I'd have thought you wanted a cleaning crew in such a big tank. Clown loach would be lovely and there's so few who can keep them in their ideal conditions, but you'd be able to. A big shaol of cardinals or similar would be amazing too.

I'm getting lepord bush fish for my 180 litre tank, when i get it.

i would say go for:

6 Boesemani rainbowfish
20 Zebra danio
20 Harlequin rasbora
10 Swordtails
4 Keyhole Cichlids
4 Blue Rams
25 Cardinal Tetra
15 Diamond Tetra
5 Pearl Gourami
8 clown loach
5 bristlenose plecs
15 - 20 otto's
20+ assorted corydoras

What about the lepord bush fish?
it would be very happy in there with al the tetras!!! lol they have amazing telescopic jaws that would grab tetras no problem. great fish though

Yeah i know they'd eat the smaller fish. I already said that don't keep them with anything smaller than 5 cm.

Oscars,Lepord bush fish?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back