168 Usg 3Ft Cube - 'the Hidden Cove'

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks, I am looking at the Koralias. Would I be OK with a Koralia 1? Their flow is 1,500L per hour.

Also, where is best to position it? I've not looked at my FX5 yet, but presume is it has a spraybar, so it don't suppose it really matters what corner I put the powerhead? How far under the water do you need to put them?

Thanks

I don't think the fx5 has a spray bar, the ones ive seen and on my own has like a double attachment fitting but im sure you can buy spray bars for them?, not entirely sure on that though. It's totally upto where the koralia goes and how deep as long as it's fully submerged.

I usually put it the opposite end to the outtake on the filter, this way the flow is completely round the tank, if you have sand?, then i wouldnt position pointing to much towards the floor, can cause a little whirlwind effect and displaces sand to much.

I would imagine the koralia 1 would suffice tbh but again it's totally upto you which one you choose :)

Thanks!

We'll have to get the fx5 out tonight and suss out how it works. Will go with the powerhead as well, it makes sense :good:

i did some research when i bought my fx5 and theres no spray bar attachment available yet i just added the a korelia 1 it seems powerfull enough

i did some research when i bought my fx5 and theres no spray bar attachment available yet i just added the a korelia 1 it seems powerfull enough

Ah cool, what size tank do you have the fx5 and koralia 1 on?

The tank is now in the house! :hyper: :hyper:

Took my OH, his dad and his mate to help get it through the hole, after we'd taken the window out. Was fairly easy to take it out and put it back in. The sealant was cr*p anyway, so will benefit from being redone.

It's not fully against the wall yet, as we wanted to make sure we can get the pipes for the filter through. I cannot believe the depth of the cabinet!

Not done anything else as getting late. Going to wash the gravel tomorrow, then should get the filter set up tomorrow and maybe even start filling it...Going to put some mature media in the new filter to seed it, then start moving the fish over...

Got some photos uploading to my computer to share.

OK, finally got the photos uploaded!

DSCN1648.jpg
DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1652.jpg
DSCN1653.jpg

The rubber plant is getting a prune B-)

We're also thinking of putting another black background onto the righthand side, as that's the side we'll see most when sitting down.

We're going to try taking the lights off my old tank and putting them on this one, as the light unit I want has been discontinued and I'm waiting for the new model to come out.

You can maybe get some idea of the scale of the tank now? My fish are going to love it!

wow its fits perfectly I love the idea of putting a tank in a room with a fire place. you can watch the fire and the water so Zen. is that the right word for it. I don't know but I like where you put it. Hope you plan on staying in that house for some time..

wow its fits perfectly I love the idea of putting a tank in a room with a fire place. you can watch the fire and the water so Zen. is that the right word for it. I don't know but I like where you put it. Hope you plan on staying in that house for some time..

Yep, should be here a few years. Don't want to move again until we buy our own.

why the name change ?

why the name change ?

Didn't like people referring to me as 'grumpy' :lol:

My original username was because of a nasty gourami I had, I don't have him anymore and do not even like gouramis now.

Great tank, can't wait to see some pics of it up and running!

James.

Great tank, can't wait to see some pics of it up and running!

James.

Thanks James :)

Update

Started washing some of my gravel. Really pleased with it, it's very fine and sparkly, so will try and get some more of the same stuff maybe tomorrow if lfs has it in. It is very much like sand, just slightly larger grains. What an arduous task though - only done half the bag and my hand is soft as anything, though a bit red :lol:

We will probably suss out the lighting tonight as well, though may not have time to actually fit it. And get the filter plumbing all done. Hopefully we'll be filling it tonight :hyper: Though it's the little things like giving the tank a wash out/wipe down which take time up, and my OH is working overtime and won't be home until 6.30pm, then we have tea, so things are moving slowly, but better than waiting until the weekend!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back