15L Biorb stopped filtering

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LindzerTart

Reaction score
Hi! I was gifted the Classic 15L Biorb and set it up two days ago (no fish in it yet as it's obviously still cycling). The first day everything was working fine and I was getting regular bubbles once I turned the filter on. I didn't see the tank yesterday so I'm not sure when it stopped, but when I arrived at my desk today there were no more bubbles.

The filter is on, I can hear and feel it. I checked the air hose and there are no kinks and it's firmly attached to the pump. There is no water in the hose.

The air stone is brand new since I just set the tank up two days ago, so I can't see that being the issue.

I tried twisting and adjusting the bubble tube and some bubbles did escape while I was moving it, but stopped as soon I as stopped twisting it. I do have a lot of stones and plants in the tank, but nothing is obstructing the top of the tube.

I'm at a loss what the issue could be. Is the filter they send with the kit not strong enough?

Hi sorry to hear your difficulties. Tanks are usually or should be designed so that filtration is correct for that specific tank. Due to biorb being a well known popular company, I suspect that you have just been unfortunate and received a faulty item.

Due to biorb being a well known popular company, I suspect that you have just been unfortunate and received a faulty item.

Yea, I agree. You could try contacting the manufacturer and explain your problem? Maybe they would replace it.

I called them and was able to resolve the issue. The problem was where the tubing connected to the aquarium itself (under the whole unit). I now have bubbles! Thank you guys, I appreciate the responses!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back