1000 Us Gal Project

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Looks like you have everything covered. The only thing I can think of would be some form of UPS system in case of a powercut - or was that included? Can't recall off the top of my head.

Oh by the way, how are the "pups"? Are they growing nicely?

David

ha ha ha ha

i have one been set up for over a year

my aquatronia system sends me a text/SMS message if the temp drops the ph changes the redox drop i have any water leaks the water level in my sump goes to high or the power goes out

i have a 12v to 240 inverter with 3 big 110ah caravan batterys

i had a power cut last week and the backup lasted for 5 hours thats running 1 x 18,000 lph pump 1 1000 lph pump and a big air pump

i have room for 3 more batterys so i just keep adding them when i have spare cash as they cost £120 each but 6 batterys will last 10 and that should be long enough if its not i can run a lead to my car and run it from that

you need it with that much money in live stock

amazing, looks very well done.

This is how big fish should be kept :)

line ups

312dc5d1.jpg

Absolutely brilliant. Hope that you and the other half are well and enjoying this spectacle you have built.

Any future plans or is this the be all and end all so to speak?

Regards

david

well i do need to fix that background you can see at the far end the rays chewed off but i cant find anyone to get in to fix it :sad:

the water was still massy when i took the pic as i just stired up the sump which i do every month

what happens to the tank when i stir it up would scare most people as the water goes like soap but is clear again in 24 hours

b1f8bea9.jpg

Very cool

how would you fix the background ? Some kind of underwater putty or superglue

Also your phone needs charging :lol:

Very cool

how would you fix the background ? Some kind of underwater putty or superglue

Also your phone needs charging :lol:

I have silacon that sets under water

not sure how im going to hold it in place when it sets as it floats like mad but i will work that out when i find someone to go in

sorted

i dont know if everyone is as fussy as me but if there is something just not right with the tank i hate it

well the jewel background is great unless your rays start to chew it
i only have one ray that does it but in the last year she has made a bad mess of one of the weir coverings which you can see in this pic

remember the background is 2inch think and she chewed it down to the black glass

9156679d.jpg

i love doing stuff to my tank in the summer as its like having the tank in the garden with all the doors open

the hardest bit was finding someone willing to get in the tank to cut the old bit out and fix the new bits in drink helps most people in the tank as it stands 6.6ft from the ground and no chance of draining and filling again

the background also floats like mad which wasnt a problem with the smaller bit but the larger bit was like pushing a swimming float under

anyways its sorted lets hope the rays dont pull it off in the 36 hours the underwater silacon takes to dry

75826b16.jpg

I don't know anything about the rays but I swear I saw the exact same rays as u have at the lfs today. This is the first place I have ever seen them for sale. Price tag = $2200 Canadian each. And they were very small.

I don't know anything about the rays but I swear I saw the exact same rays as u have at the lfs today. This is the first place I have ever seen them for sale. Price tag = $2200 Canadian each. And they were very small.

that is about the right price tag in the US :lol:

i have 5

Looking good nice repair

are these p14 ones you bred ?

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail62_278087.php

Looking good nice repair

are these p14 ones you bred ?

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail62_278087.php

i wouldnt trust that ad as i cant see one pure blood p14 in the pics they all look to have a brown ray mixed in with a black ray

a lot of hybrids come from asia now and you have no idea what they are as they just throw loads of rays in a pond and see what comes out

the prices are also very high as i sell my pure blood p14 pups for £500-600 the ad wants £900 way to much now

Most reactions

Back