The Indecisive Journal Of Trod's 5 Footer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Trod

The indecisive one
Reaction score
OK, as some of you will already know from the nano forum I'm about to set up my Long awaited Lionfish tank.
My family have bought me a tank for my birthday, and seffieuk (my sister) has put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get it for me, so without her this would still only be a dream.
The big day is tomorrow, boy am I excited :yahoo: I have had the tank sitting in my dining room, all covered in sheets and table clothes for the past 3 weeks, and no I haven't peeked :rolleyes:

This is what it looks like

IMG_0389.jpg

It will be unveiled tomorrow at 12.00 BST, pictures will follow shortly after :nod:

I also got my new RO unit this morning, eventually, after they delivered it to the wrong address yesterday :crazy:

IMG_0423.jpg

This will be set up next week, Mr Trod has week off :good:

and sometime ago I bought a V2 1200 protein skimmer, bargain for £31

IMG_0425.jpg

But I beginning to have doubts about this after recent discussions on here regarding skimmers, I feel I may have gone to big, but will sort that out at a later date.

So my plans are to GO SLOW I have done hours of research on lionfish and am pretty clued up on them now :book:

My other tank is an orca TL550 which is a plug and play, so it came with everything included.
I am entering a whole new world starting this tank from scratch, I have great faith in all you guys and I know you will be there to help with everything, for which I am very gratefull indeed :nod:

I am hoping to aquascape using reef bones (thanks Ben, for idea) to create 2 caves, and also have LR.
I don't know whether to have a sump or refugium, this again will be decided later, after, I'm sure, much debate :blush:

So the waiting is almost over and the journey begins :yahoo: :band: :yahoo:

woohoo can't wait :good:
still can't believe that you haven't peaked :crazy:

god it seems like its been sat there ages, i reckon she already has at least 1 lion in there.
I now i wouldnt have hbin able to wait.

Trod, make sure you read up on reef bones, if they are uncured it will make the tank cycle slower. They can also mess around with your PH for a while too. Wont matter while nothing in the tank, just be ready for a wait.

god it seems like its been sat there ages, i reckon she already has at least 1 lion in there.
I now i wouldnt have hbin able to wait.

Trod, make sure you read up on reef bones, if they are uncured it will make the tank cycle slower. They can also mess around with your PH for a while too. Wont matter while nothing in the tank, just be ready for a wait.

Cheers Ben will do :good: I'm very good at waiting :blink:

And she is off.......................Woo hoo, I am waiting nervously for tomorrow, I love the tank, (so she can always give it to me!) but will she like it :crazy: I shall be watching that face of hers intently tomorrow :unsure: just in case I have to hire a van and move the tank to my house (honest, it's no trouble!).

She hasn't told you the whole story about the RO unit :p , she also hasn't told you about the palace of a house she got the skimmer from :blink: and I haven't told her who I got the tank from ;) or about what happened to the first one :crazy:

Anyway our kid, see you tomorrow :wub: Or should I say Troderlop, see you tomorrow :hyper:

Seffie aka Stroderlop, Big Sis X

The thing is Trod, this is really weird, cause most of us have already seen the tank and know exactly what you are getting. :drool:

I have to agree with Ben, I have no where near your will power and would have talked the person who bought it into me having it with LR set up so I could make a purchase on my Birthday!!

By the way, same Birthday as my Auntie.

Hope you have a good one, hope Seffie takes a picture of your face when it is revealed, would love to see that. :yahoo:

:rofl: I'm sure the stories will be told :blush: in due course.

See you tomorrow Big sis :wub:

P.S. You're not having it :shifty:

The thing is Trod, this is really weird, cause most of us have already seen the tank and know exactly what you are getting. :drool:

Hope you have a good one, hope Seffie takes a picture of your face when it is revealed, would love to see that. :yahoo:

I know its weird you've all seen it before me :look:

I will make sure I've got my face on then for the pictures :rofl:

haha this is gonna be great XD

cant wait :D

I cant wait to see this journal XD what will ya be doing with your orca tl550? ^^

he he yeah to me the lion fish is one of the ultimate salt water fish and as you may know i own two fuzzy dwarfs i know there not as big but they are still amazing and through the time you own them the more caricter they seem to develop and become very tame or at least mine have lol :good:

good luck

Most reactions

trending

Back