~~ Tank Diary ~~

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

our rams bite each other round the face to, when one of them goes in the other ones corner! its natural, thev got to decide whos territory is whos...the will stop soon

ok thnx tetra-man :D
have you got male and females?
if so can you post pics of them because i have 3 but dont know the sex :/

thnx

i knwo on german blue rams, the females are smaller and have a red patched area around the stomach, but dont think the trate carries threw on bolivians, soz about pics :/ cameras bust!! + its jsut been dosed with medicine and i dont wanna go disrupting them anymore...sorrys :) our dwarf gourami is really ill..he has big open ulcers on his side, poor thing :-( anyway i think its harder to sex bolivians apart from males tend to have darker colourings...eg: the stripe over the eye, hope i hepled regards tetra-man2!

ok thnx alot tetra-man it looks like i have 1 male 2 females :D

you probably have 2 males tetra man if they are fighting like that as i have a male and a female and have no trouble 2 males will fight. As for sexing the colour isnt really very accurate way of telling sex of them there is not really a good way one way though is the dorsal fin on a male is longer than a female but again this isnt always accurate here is a pic of my 2 not a good pic though.

Attachments

• Picture_064.jpg
    Picture_064.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 48
thnx mark, i thought i had 2 males but now im not sure :/
ill just have to wait and see if they spawn lol :p
i found this pic on google, of a bolivian ram, but the colors are amazing, are these true colors or has this ram been dyed?
heres a link....
http://www.azgardens.com/images/Ram-Bolivian.gif

Looks like the pic has been enhanced mate they do get really colourful if i turn the temp up in my tank to around 29 degrees they get even more colourful the pic of the ram on the left is my female and as you can see she at the mintue has more colour.

had a look at my rams today, and 1 of them (the smallest 1) has a large dorsal fin, with dark black stripe on the front, this 1 has the most color.
the other 2 are larger than the other 1 with less color.
could the smallest 1 be the male and the other 2 female?
or the other way round?

thnx :D

jus so you kno guys the fighting between the rams wont stop lol.

there pretty stubborn little guys and can lip lock trying to bite each other for ages.

had to seperate my males cos they kept fighting and in turn this made them guard the space they could get (without the other ram) a lil too well and chased my other fish.

one male on its own is fine tho it seems.

as u asked mark, ive uploaded some pics of my 3 rams. i tried to get them all in the same position to make it easier, but the small 1 just wouldnt stay still :crazy: they are pretty good photos tho dont ya think? lol

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

after moving the plants round abit, i finally liked the way it looked so i snapped a quick pic what you think?

t2.jpg

thnx very much mark, ive been trying to work it out since i had them, you have cracked it for me thnx :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back