~~ Tank Diary ~~

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
hi just came back from pets at home with a new tank which i think is a 39gal but it looks alot bigger :unsure:
anyway here is a few pics just after cleaning, i got the hood off my auntie it has a 40w sun-glo bulb in, have you any idea of what type of plants i could maybe have? :D and all the other bits and pieces which are fluval 4+ filter, rena air 400 pump and some ornaments which i dont think ill use :no:

havnt got a heater or gravel yet because of the money :grr: i will add more pics as soon as i add more things :p
its measured up to a lynx deoderant can, to give you an idea of size...
sorry for having the links i havnt got a propper digicam :/ it was off my phone
new_tank.jpg
tank_bits.jpg

hope you like them i will add more pics soon :D

are you being serious "IT WILL BREAK" :blink: it is sturdy, its solid pine, i thought it would be ok.
i asked at the pet shop and they said it would be ok, if its not i think i need to buy a new stand :grr:
i spent £40 on the tank, the stand will cost another £40

The tank will break because there is not wood supporting the tank at the ends it will break the glass, its best to set it up all right the first time rather than it break in a few weeks.

Either get a new stand, or get a bit of 1" plywood cut to the same size of the tank and sit it on that, on top of the cupboard. This will distribute the weight onto the cupboard better. If you can get a proper stand for only £40 though, this might be worth it.

Ben

ive thought about what you said and asked my mum and she said that she will buy the same cupboard for £25 and put them side by side so the tank will be sitting flat with room left over.

would that be ok?

im not even going to put anything in there yet just in case, i will buy the cupboard in the week only then will i start my tank lol

what a tank diary this is :lol:

i have to buy a new cupboard, filter media, heater, gravel, rocks and plants. Oh ye and the fish.

the fish are the last thing on my mind, long way to go yet GOTTA CYCLE :S

i think i know what fish im having not quite sure though :unsure:
they are :-

3 albino corys, 3 peppered corys, 1 pleco, assorted platies around 7 of them and maybe a pair of rams or kribs or koi angels cant decide on a pair, which do you think would be the best out of those 3 pairs that can go with my sellected fish?

i think the rams will look nice in the tank with some assorted plants and rocks, ive always loved rams but everywhere round here they are £9 a pair :crazy:

yea make sure u have enough support on each ends becuase my uncle thought he did and he had a 55 gallon tank and boy left me tell u his wife was no pleased when she got home to find out that there was 55 gallons of water on there kitchen floor :lol: .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back