~~ Tank Diary ~~

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

just came back from my local pet store with a new platy here he is, he is a male, he has 3 other females to do his thing with :hyper:

new.jpg

what do you think of him, and do you know what type of platy he is?
he has great colors :D

some new piccys today, my rams have colored up beautifully i managed to get 2 pics of the 2 females but the male just wouldnt let me have one of him, and hes the one with the most color :/
and 1 pic of the tank :D

2 females
7.jpg
8.jpg

tank
9.jpg

i added more gravel thats why yhte water is still a little cloudy

Thats looking pretty great guppy man :) keep it up. Wish I had a tank this big to play with!

Sam

Wow Guppyman, those rams are lovely :wub: The tank is looking good, keep the pics coming :D

i still gotta add some more plants, either some more vallis or some water sprite.

well been to maiden head aquatics today, looking for water sprite, didnt have none :no:
looked over at the tank behinde me and they have some angels, not very big around 2", i asked the assistant about them and he asked me what setup i have (atleast he asked, no other shops do) anyway i told him that my tank is 4ft, 39gal and he said that " because my tank is so big and looks like there arent that many fish in there the angels might bully the other fish out of that space so they can have that terratory, now if they were in a small tank with more fish they wouldn't be aggressive or choose a terratory, so he then told me that there is only one way to find out so he said that i could have the pair for £7 and if they dont get along just bring them right back and get a refund, the angels have been in the tank about 2hours now and staying close to eachother, i haven't a clue, what type are they? and could you tell if they are male and female? could you give me some help heres some pics, not very clear i no, off my camera phone :/
enjoy :D

angel.jpg

angel1.jpg

angel2.jpg

angel3.jpg

oye and ive added some bluey looking stones that i bought to keep the plants planted, my pleco keeps up- rooting them :crazy:
and my cory eggs have hatched today :D around 50 of the little buggers :p

They look like a marble type, not any fancy type of angel just a normal type. I don't know of any easy wat to tell if they are m/f My female is smaller the the male and I know which is which when they mate, besides that it has something to do with the underside of them I think.

went to maiden head aquatics again today lol, love that place, anyway they have just had loadz of different rocks in, ones that look really cool and quite cheap around £1.50.
so i was thinking of taking all the slate that i have in my tank out, because i dont think ive got the effect i want, and it looks pretty boring.
so im going to take all the slate out and buy some of these rocks, just hope i will like the way these ones look :lol:

ill post pics when and if i get them :p

if you are reading sam i want you to see how much the hornwort has grown since you sent it to me, when you sent it to me it was around 4" now its like 12", its nearlly the size of my filter lol heres a little pic.

wort.jpg

i dont think u should keep angels in there :/ i thought they needed a very high tank otherwise they will represent jaws wen they get bigger, they will be swimming around with there fin out of the water, (well wat i heard)

well today added the hornwort that sam sent me :good: and bought another 4 platies, and i bought some nutrafin aquatic plant food, to help my plants grow seeing as i haven't got any CO2 or much light.
here's some pics, hope you like them..........

new_p.jpg

p1.jpg

p5.jpg

Pa.jpg

full tank shot

t8.jpg

i think i might buy a reflector, so i can have more light and then many more kinds of plants :D

didn't like the way the slate were, they took up sooo much room, so ive move them all to the left and planted all my vallis at the back and the hornwort at the 2 sides, mostly at the right because when they grow they will look good, i might even add some wood. heres some pics.... AGAIN LOL
tanks still a little cloudy, only finished about an hour ago.

tank3.jpg

a..jpg

31.jpg

Looking good.
A nice piece of bogwood on the right would fill that gap. Also, you might benefit from adding some tall plants all the way across the back, or at least to cover some of it as it looks a bit bare. Dont take offense, just some constructive critisisms.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back