New 90 Litre Bow Front

Just a little update pic, got some new plants instead of new fish on Sunday. Everything is looking good so far, Im just concerned that it might be a little crowded if I was to consider any corys...

Not a fan of the tannins, I plan on putting some carbon in the filter to see if it sorts it out.

IMAG0804.jpg

i dont think the corys would mind... they'd probably apprecialte the cover TBH

They shouldn't really... mine go inbetween the plants

Corys would love that set up but they do need a little bit of clear substrate to sift through, if you removed the front left rock I think it would be perfect.

Im not sure what kind to get. My LFS said they are getting a rather large delivery from Holland with more exciting and exotic stuff on and if I see something I like I can reserve it for when my tank is ready. I am thinking of panda corys though.

Corys would love that set up but they do need a little bit of clear substrate to sift through, if you removed the front left rock I think it would be perfect.

i agree... that would give them some grazing/playing space

could use it somewhere else... the fish would love you for it! perhaps replace the large rock on the right with it... that way you keep your rock and the corys get more room... win-win AFAIC

Im not sure what kind to get. My LFS said they are getting a rather large delivery from Holland with more exciting and exotic stuff on and if I see something I like I can reserve it for when my tank is ready. I am thinking of panda corys though.

It's best if you leave them in the LFS for at least a few weeks (4). that way they can settle down and stop stressing.
If you get them the day after or something, a lot of cory's are still stressed and it's almost certain not al creatures will make it to your aquarium!
(you prolly know this already)

When the day comes you finally get your critters, ask for an extra bag with just water. Also bring some active carbon bits and drop them in with the Cory's.
You see, cory's tend to release toxins when stressed. Adding the carbon might (and it's not been tested before), rationally speaking, soak up released toxins.
Upon coming home, switching them to the new bag will remove them from released toxins. that buys you some time to adapt them to your aquarium water.
Also, obviously, never transport cory's with other fish in the same bag :D

I'm going to try this next time i buy new ones, hoping i don't lose any :)

I didnt say I was going to buy them on Thursday I said I was going to reserve them for when my tank is ready. Thanks for the advice though.

Just an update on my tank..the stock is good at the moment. I managed to swap my 6 Hengal Rasbora for 8 Harlequin and I must admit they look much better. I have also added 8 Black Phantom Tetra and 10 Five Banded Barbs. The Tetras seem to be a bit shy and like to hide alot, where as the harlequins never hide and are always out and about. The barbs are in between the two. I think since they are all relativly new, they will eventually come around. The only other thing I want to add to the tank is Dwarf Gourami and a couple Ottos to eat the algae and thats job done.

Most reactions

trending

Back