New 90 Litre Bow Front

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi torred, Go with what you think is right for your tank, at the end of the day a lot of it is trail and error and u need to make a few mistakes to be able to learn from them and better your knowledge. I'm not saying go and put an arowana in a 10 gal or anything, All everyone here Is doing is advising you on what's best, and to be fair iv not come across anyone on here that's given bad advice. They are all fab. As long as your happy with your tank then that's all that matters i suppose :) 1 thing i will say though is that like most have already mentioned, your lfs will sometimes (or most times) give you misleading or false info just to make a sale with no real thought on your fish and their well being but if like you said, your friend who has kept fish for years works at your lfs then you should be ok. All I'm saying is be cautious about any info your given, may be worth double checking with someone on here just to be sure. Can never be too careful :)

Yeah, when I first saw those pictures I was like.... -those are some weird looking harlequins- then I was like - wait those are HENGAlS rasbora- IMO much prettier

Yeah, when I first saw those pictures I was like.... -those are some weird looking harlequins- then I was like - wait those are HENGAlS rasbora- IMO much prettier
I totally agree! I have them myself :D

lol @ the fish having fun comments :D My guppies ADORE the filter current, and you can practically hear them squeal in delight when I press the button on top of the fliter that makes the outlet blow bubbles too :D they shoot through it and swim with it, then against it, while the tetras just seem to look on, roll their eyes and mutter "pfft, children!" hahaha and yes, I'm one of those crazy people who does voice overs for animals... not just in my head either >.<

My gourami's idea of fun is to touch everything with his feelers. He'll chase other fish or my hand trying to stroke it haha even if I put my fingertip to the glass, he'll try and stroke it :wub: squeeeeee fish are adorable!!!

Everything is looking well so far, should be looking to add more fish on thursday, not sure what to get, may go with more rasbora's, although ive got cherry barbs and golden barbs in mind as well...

I like to see more of one type of fish then more types together (small fish)

e.g.: 15 neons in one tank looks better than 5 neon, 5 black tetra and 5 of something else.

I have a 80cm tank. I went for neons only :D

I feel it ties the tank more together (just my 2 cents)

Lol!! I literally lol'ed as I'm watching my guppies and garra are playing in the newly turned up water flow in our tank! Lol

Im rethinking my stocking list...

8 Harlequin Rasbora
5 Cherry Barb
5 Golden Barb
6 Black Phantom Tetra
2 Dwarf Gourami (2 Male)

1 Bristlenose Plec
OR
4 of some sort of Cory

If I can up the number of fish if I go with bristlenose, I will do that.

Also, I prefer the coloring of male dwarf gourami's, my LFS said two males will be OK together, or I would be OK with 1 Male and 2 Female, but the female doesnt have as much color...

oh jeez... this LFs knows nothing!

have either 1 male 2 females or just 2 females in a sorority... NEVER MIX MALES TOGETHER!!!!!

ahem... 2000th post :p

2 males will fight til one (or both from injuries) are dead. As with guppies, if you pick your fish carefully, you can get some females that are more interesting than others. You just have to be patient and look

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back