Neolamprologus Multifasciatus Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ohhhh thanks! :drool:

what would the disadvantages be? the fact that the algae is hard to get off them?
the facts that they take up space, and if not poisitioned carefully, things, such as fish can live behind them, also, on occasions, water may get trapped in there, and impossible to get out without taking the whole tank apart.

in that case i might just paint the back again with blackboard paint :hey:

Adam, did you do a tank clone for this one? or a fish in cycle? I ask because my main tank has a PH of 7.2 and I was wondering how you get yours up to 8, do you have crushed coral in the filter? if you did a tank clone did you acclimatize the mature media or plonk the media straight in and hope for the best?

Adam, did you do a tank clone for this one? or a fish in cycle? I ask because my main tank has a PH of 7.2 and I was wondering how you get yours up to 8, do you have crushed coral in the filter? if you did a tank clone did you acclimatize the mature media or plonk the media straight in and hope for the best?
This tank was already set up for the tropical community if you remember, but the smaller tank was cloned using filter media from other filters, regarding ph, i smashed a piece of ocean rock, and put the smaller stuff in a little media basket in my filter, and then i used some other pieces to elevate some rocks, as the rocks have to be in contact with the bottom, so the fish dont dig them up and get crushed(this is for the 60cm jewel btw)

for the smaller tank, what i used is again a little bit of ocean rock in the filter, and then i use a blend of epsom salts, bicarb and tonic salt, this raises the ph, hardness and provides trace elements that are similar to the rift lakes.

So 1Tsp of Bicarb, 1Tsp of magnesium sulphate and 1 Tsp of trace elements (which traces are these, I presume they're not the same as the aqua essentials range?

So 1Tsp of Bicarb, 1Tsp of magnesium sulphate and 1 Tsp of trace elements (which traces are these, I presume they're not the same as the aqua essentials range?
no no no :)

its

1tsp epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)
1tsp bicarb
1tsp TONIC salt(the salt that would be used for freshwater tanks, treating ailments

per 5gallons.

ok, I think I have a box of the Tonic salt somewhere, I just hope my mum lets me buy the tank now
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the help.

Probably Neolamprologus multifasciatus or Neolamprologus ocallatus, But to stop it looking a bit waste I'm going to do a bit of an iwagumi.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back