Neolamprologus Multifasciatus Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wow colll looking guys

wow theyve really made a meal of the sand :lol:

yeah :lol: i wonder if i should flaten it out to give them something to do ????

I used to move the sand around whenever I cleaned my mbuna tank, used to drive the alpha male nuts, I loved watching him "fix" what I had done. :lol:

I'd keep an eye on the pleco, not too surprising though and he should learn quickly where he can and can't go. Multi males have been known to take on fish 6 times their size! Feisty little things. :shifty:

ok, i will keep a close eye then

thanks guys!

That is one stunning looking tank :good: ....and occupants of course!!!!

I was going to get multies....but decided on F8's instead....am now thinking where I can set up another tank :rolleyes: :lol:
Beautiful little fishes....can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for them :look:

Lisa x

That is one stunning looking tank :good: ....and occupants of course!!!!

I was going to get multies....but decided on F8's instead....am now thinking where I can set up another tank :rolleyes: :lol:
Beautiful little fishes....can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for them :look:

Lisa x

i brought them from wildwoods mail order, i think each fish was £8.95 each or something like that, and then the carriage charge of about £12- i would recommend wildwoods though, brilliant service, and will definately use again.

Adam

ps. how are your f8's doing? I LOVE PUFFERS!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi....Congratulations on your results btw :good: :good: :good:

Luckily I live 20 minutes from Wildwoods....so at least I wouldn't have to pay postage!!! Another local shop was charging £14.95 each :hyper:

The Puffers are the nuts!!! Absolutley love them....Feeding time is amazing....I mainly give them bloodworm [live and frozen] through a syringe, they go mental as soon as they see you with it and peck at the tip of it as soon as it hits the water! I have three in a 147l and it takes some work making sure all 3 get an equal amount as they do love to squabble :rolleyes: [to say the least].....you have to go from one end of the tank and back again...extremely quickly!!!!

Don't tell my kids....but I have two 6' ers on watch on Ebay atm :unsure: ....so with a bit of shuffling around I could extend my Comm tank and have a lovely 3 footer for the Multies :whistle:

Lisa x

Hi....Congratulations on your results btw :good: :good: :good:

Luckily I live 20 minutes from Wildwoods....so at least I wouldn't have to pay postage!!! Another local shop was charging £14.95 each :hyper:

The Puffers are the nuts!!! Absolutley love them....Feeding time is amazing....I mainly give them bloodworm [live and frozen] through a syringe, they go mental as soon as they see you with it and peck at the tip of it as soon as it hits the water! I have three in a 147l and it takes some work making sure all 3 get an equal amount as they do love to squabble :rolleyes: [to say the least].....you have to go from one end of the tank and back again...extremely quickly!!!!

Don't tell my kids....but I have two 6' ers on watch on Ebay atm :unsure: ....so with a bit of shuffling around I could extend my Comm tank and have a lovely 3 footer for the Multies :whistle:

Lisa x

lol, good luck, i hope to be getting a gsp in the near future, need to save up first!

no probs lisa, fill my thread all you like(it makes it look better) :shifty:

crackin video :) they look great, so intelligent arent they, puffers. I had a dp before he jumped out :(

Adam

Awww.....your threads always look good....especially the planted tank ones!!! Not that I'm jealous or anything!!!! Just wish I had your eye for scaping a tank!
I've got DP's as well...did have three but two turned cannibal [sp] and ate Little Man :huh: ...he was a sickly little thing though....never grew as much as the other two!

Do you know the sex of your Multies [back on topic here]? I've heard/read that they breed quite easily in the right conditions....if they do....I'll be top of your buyers list :good:

Lisa x

Awww.....your threads always look good....especially the planted tank ones!!! Not that I'm jealous or anything!!!! Just wish I had your eye for scaping a tank!
I've got DP's as well...did have three but two turned cannibal [sp] and ate Little Man :huh: ...he was a sickly little thing though....never grew as much as the other two!

Do you know the sex of your Multies [back on topic here]? I've heard/read that they breed quite easily in the right conditions....if they do....I'll be top of your buyers list :good:

Lisa x

lol, cannibal dp :lol:
anyways, yes back on topic :eek:sama:
i think i have 2 males and 2 females, for the pure reason that there are 2 slightly darker multies, and 2 slightly lighter, the two darker taking a forward seat in preparing ones "home" while the lighter(presumably) females dont take as much activity... but i would love them to breed, after all that is one of the reasons why i got them. Although if they do i will want some of the fry to join the group as multies are colonial, if you are planning to do the same thing i would recommend a slightly bigger aquarium, maybe 75cm, but not tall! mine are super duper fine, but i rekon i will only be able to take on about 3-4 more with the current set-up.

thanks

Lisa x

i think i have 2 males and 2 females, for the pure reason that there are 2 slightly darker multies, and 2 slightly lighter, the two darker taking a forward seat in preparing ones "home" while the lighter(presumably) females dont take as much activity... but i would love them to breed, after all that is one of the reasons why i got them. Although if they do i will want some of the fry to join the group as multies are colonial, if you are planning to do the same thing i would recommend a slightly bigger aquarium, maybe 75metres, but not tall! mine are super duper fine, but i rekon i will only be able to take on about 3-4 more with the current set-up.

thanks

Wow 75 METRES.....that must be some sort of house you live in!!!!!! :lol: If I do go for the multies it will be a 137l....but got to win the 6 footer first!!!!

Lisa x

Lisa x

i think i have 2 males and 2 females, for the pure reason that there are 2 slightly darker multies, and 2 slightly lighter, the two darker taking a forward seat in preparing ones "home" while the lighter(presumably) females dont take as much activity... but i would love them to breed, after all that is one of the reasons why i got them. Although if they do i will want some of the fry to join the group as multies are colonial, if you are planning to do the same thing i would recommend a slightly bigger aquarium, maybe 75metres, but not tall! mine are super duper fine, but i rekon i will only be able to take on about 3-4 more with the current set-up.

thanks

Wow 75 METRES.....that must be some sort of house you live in!!!!!! :lol: If I do go for the multies it will be a 137l....but got to win the 6 footer first!!!!

Lisa x

lol, sorry :blush:
the only problem with multies is their lack of colour, however if you go up close they are actually very gracefully marked, yellow on the tips of their fins and a slight turquoise to their body, heyho, nothing is perfect!

Adam

Most reactions

Back