My sorority rebuild

My pH is high and my water is hard,
This is the problem, If the water is too hard they cant moult.

I've tried them and now I'm determined to get a colony going in my new nano tank.

You might want to consider 50/50 distilled water and tap water. You can buy the water 4 gallons should last you for a few changes.

Our local shopping center has coin operated water dispensers.

coin-op-web-rock-ridge.jpg

If you are in the US, Whole Foods have a reverse osmosis water machine at $ .35/gallon (about 3.7 litres).

Last edited:
Instead of buying distilled water, how about water collected from a dehumidifier? I've thought about doing it before and tested the water for a solid 7 pH. I can't imagine there would be any contaminants or anything in it. I think I'll do some experimenting to see what pH doing 50/50 would result in. I have no way to test my hardness unfortunately.

how about water collected from a dehumidifier?

I would say no, because the pipes in dehumidifiers get covered in dust and mould.
Do you really want the water that comes off this in your tank?
maxresdefault.jpg

Eww good point. Guess I'll be picking up a couple gallons next time I go to town then.

Boiled carrot is a hit with the Loaches and shrimp.

GBXv86U.jpg

As you can see the Shrimp are terrified of the girls...... Not

Last edited:
She keeps stealing the vegetable and algae pellets from the shrimp.

The only danger the Loaches and shrimp face is starvation because the Bettas pinch their food. It seems like the girls love cooked veg, they go absolutely nuts over algae wafers and veggie pellets, Even cooked carrot or pumpkin is on the menu
Yes that's cooked pea.

The only danger the Loaches and shrimp face is starvation because the Bettas pinch their food. It seems like the girls love cooked veg, they go absolutely nuts over algae wafers and veggie pellets, Even cooked carrot or pumpkin is on the menu
Yes that's cooked pea.
OMG that is hilarious!! She snatched that right out of the poor little things mouth!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back