My sorority rebuild

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I just added 6 banded Kuhli loaches and 2 baby mystery snails to the tank, and as the girls love eating shrimp I ordered 30 glass shrimp on line.

Unlike moderators, Global moderators seem to have a sense of humor, as demonstrated by eaglesaquarium in the post above

unF1JLsl.jpg
I was looking at #66 and 68, thought I was gonna learn something new.

Beatiful tank. You're making me antsy to set up my sorority. But I don't have half of what I need yet. So I'll live vicariously thru you in the mean time. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I want to see some pictures of those loaches Nick. Are they the jumbo ones or the average sized ones?

They are babies

Im testing a new shrimp and loach feeding station, Its a glass ashtray ( brand new ) full of sand.

xiUrbuz.jpg

This is the best I can do atm
NkeACPQ.jpg

No the Loach is NOT being sucked into the sponge.

tSIDqqS.jpg

XW8upRq.jpg

The girls are not impressed with these wriggly worm things in their tank.

Last edited:
It looks like the ashtray full of sand is a hit with the Shrimp and loaches. I didnt have my camera handy but this morning all 5 were happily sifting the sand looking for food, While I wont go full sand substrate I will come up with a way of making a bigger sand section for them.

My HOB died, so I went out and got a PISCES LABORATORIES SH200 HOB,
SH200Box_jpg.jpg

For a slim filter it sure can handle a lot of media
fn621OV.jpg

This will do nicely.
ylOTLiF.jpg

Last edited:
They really are tiny little buggers, hope to see them grow up nicely. I bet they don't hide all that much seeing as they have plenty of cover to make them feel safe.

Loach with an identity crisis.

ElDcp2Y.jpg

Would you call this " some floating plants "?

CFueSFO.jpg

No they do not curl, If yours are it could be lack of light or nutrients.

Hmmm,thats strange.I heard wisteria is quite easy and have no trouble growing it in other tanks with about the same light and nutrient pool.Is it possible that too much light causes them to curl?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back