My sorority rebuild

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That one especially will even take shrimp pellets from a shrimp, Wont touch the shrimp just its food, I think she's vegetarian.

I do not have a problem with the girls eating cooked veggies I cant see it hurting them in fact I think its good for them as it makes them poop.

Ah I love it!!
Really inspires me to go out and buy a tank now and redo it!! if only it wasnt so expensive!!
I would do things so differently in my new tank- NO DUCK WEED for a start! that stuff gets everywhere, i hate it and cant get rid of it!! Definitely going to down size, My tank stock is dwindling and Im not going to buy more, once its safe (from the hungry platies) im adding the RCS from the other tank and shutting that one down.
Lovely looking tank nick, definitely going for the black painted background. I used blue which I dont like now or even see with lack of light!!
if you was in the UK id say come over and help me!

Got a new girl I traded her for the Dumbo as she was getting too aggressive.

dFqjWvX.jpg

Last edited:
Added a few stalks of Blue Stricta, I think I need a few more plants.

lZuYKh8.jpg

I just fed them blood worm so its all fins on deck or you miss out LOL

Last edited:
Looks like I am banned from the local big yellow chain pet shop again, I went to a local business to fix up a PC and they had 2 PK females in a 1 gallon death bowl that they got during the week because the sales assistant said it was ok, So me being me I went to said chain pet shop and tore strips off the sales assistant.
They sold them a 1 gallon death bowl 2 PK females gravel fake plants water conditioner ETC $135 and told the buyer just add water water conditioner then add fish.

So now I am the proud owner of 2 more Plakat females, Photos soon.

Funny how that works out huh? People just don't care about fish nor realize the care involved in keeping them.
I'm curious to seeing their condition. Can't imagine they look all that healthy if they've been there for a while.

How many girls do you plan on keeping in there? You might have to upgrade or start another sorority ;)

I was planing to keep 4 now I have 6, the 2 new girls looked like prisoners when I got them yesterday ( stress stripes ) today they look a lot better not a stress stripe to be seen and they ate this morning this is a good thing, now they are getting acquainted with the other girls. The white crown tail thinks she owns the tank and flares at everything including the shrimp and loaches.

Starting a new sorority ........... Well I do have a 100 gallon 6 foot tank .

Last edited:
Oh good on you for rescuing them! Makes my blood boil when I go to our local chain store pet shop - you hear all sorts of cr@p advice being given - I always butt in and tell them to go and do some research and always send them in the direction of this forum. I'm not popular at my chain store either :dunno::rofl:

and someone paid 135 dollars for a fish bowl and some fake plants?!
The rest of it is unreal but goodness....
people!
So glad you rescued them! They're going to have a great life!

I just think of what you can get for that amount...
I sold my 47gallon bow front with the gravel, decor, huge canister filter, heater and all of the little things I used with it, siphon etc...
(all things cleaned immaculately....totally ready for set up)
....... for 150.
I used that to purchase my little edge set up.

Put a few more floating plants in.

wV41lT4.jpg

I2J9xRz.jpg

Just because it can't fit in her mouth don't mean she can't try to eat it, That's a bit of algae/veggie wafer.
C7EIieK.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about the vid quality, ...................Just watch,

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back