My new sorority

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Your girls make my betta boy look like a guppie! My Eddie is pretty young still, I guess, I got him at the LFS about two months ago.
I love how the bigger girls just let Demeter do her thing without even a hint of threatening or dominating behaviour. It looks so peaceful in your video!

Oh they chase each other from time to time but as long as there are no nipped fins its not a problem a bit of chasing keeps them fit LOL.

I guess they don't see the 3 smaller fish as threats, The 4 big girls have a pecking order and the small fish are at the bottom of that order and as long as they know their place I cant see a problem.
I see you have the Greek theme going on. I think you need one more to name Demeter
Yes yes I blame you,
Project get-a-fish-named-after-me is a success :D
Hmmm.

One week since I got Nike and Persephone.
jlsmkZw.jpg

vqfnhNS.jpg

I've finally spotted one of the few I put in the 10gal, but no little babies yet. Shouldn't be long though :)

And this is why I can't have snails in the tank.

Watch closely I just put in 10 MTS.

Last edited:
Oh no! I thought the MTS would be alright because they have their little "doors" but apparently not.

I learned the hard way that my girls are snail eaters too. The poor red rams are all but non existent in that tank. Hopefully the MTS will be alright...

As you can see Demeter is front and center where the action is.

No wonder I cant see snails cleaning the glass, They stay hidden or they get eaten.

That was actually cool to watch, I never knew Bettas do seek out snails as food.

A nice little tidbit of interesting 'fact' to keep in my brain somewhere :lol:

That was actually cool to watch, I never knew Bettas do seek out snails as food.

A nice little tidbit of interesting 'fact' to keep in my brain somewhere :lol:
I didn't realize they did this either. It was really fun to watch! I'm so glad we all get to share this awesome sorority!

Wait till I feed them live guppy fry,I get some just born fry keep then in a container for about 5 days feeding them on Spirulina algae. I will record that and post it.

If it keeps them healthy and happy its all good.

Hera thats the blue on almost looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth in that clip.

Just an update.
C251vZ1.jpg

Persephone has a tumor as well as early stage diamond eye but she is happy and active and eats like a Betta ( shes a little piggy )
DM5IGyF.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back