Gaia
pDi4pqx.jpg

Persephone
hixKxkg.jpg

Nike
Q0AVkwb.jpg

Selene
FS0oiMc.jpg

Nice. Where are the knew ones from? Also, I noticed that most are named after Greek deities, which is interesting. Why did you choose them, out of curiousity? Also, I know you did say this earlier, but I couldn't find the size of your tank, so how large is it?

They were found in a room of a long stay motel a backpacker was renting while she worked in the area she checked out with out the fish, I i know the manager and he phoned me to see if I wanted them.

Why the Greek names? because the alternative is too horrible to contemplate, NO female Betta deserves be named Kim ( as in Kardashian ), However I did not mind the suggestion of Agnes Brown ( from Mrs Browns boys ).

The tank is 2 foot 18 gallons but I had to lover the water a few inches as the girls are jumpers.

Last edited:
That is the name she could have ended up with. Now you see why the Greek names

I can't get over how big your girls look. How long are they? Maybe mine look so small because they're still fairly young.

If you think Aphrodite, Hera and Gaia were big check out Persephone. Photo is not the best but you try getting 3 or 4 Females to sit still while you focus.
7AJZSTc.jpg

W6m0ugt.jpg

NWdDgha.jpg

No thats not a blue goldfish

Last edited:
I see you have the Greek theme going on. I think you need one more to name Demeter :D Your new girl is gigantic, I wonder if she has a little bit of the "king" gene in her. I love Persephone's color. They do seem a bit tattered but they're already on the road to recover and I trust they will do well in your care :)

Out of curiosity, has Persephone taken the role of queen or does Aphrodite still rule?

Last edited:
Aphrodite is the boss and she loves being in photos.

There is a bit of flaring and chasing going on Hera seems to have lost a bit of her dorsal fin to Nike, so far so good.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back