Llj's Ada Tank "refugees From Endor"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aargh the dreaded black backgrounds (I know you like them.) I would have to say I would +1 on it looking much better with the clear back on the last page however I wouldn't go as far as to be so cheeky as saying it looked more like a 'proper' aquascape. That would land me in trouble and I'm not one for web arguments :p

If I didn't have the powercords, I'd opt for a clear background, as I do kind of like the crispness, but I've got so many powercords and hardware that no, the black will do for now.

Good growth in there Liz. Looking good but not overly keen on the 2 hobs. Doesn't match the ADA minimalist movement. lol

Andy

No, I guess HOBs don't conform to that aesthetic, but they are cheap and efficient and don't take up tank space.

I still don't have any algae... :p

If I didn't have the powercords, I'd opt for a clear background, as I do kind of like the crispness, but I've got so many powercords and hardware that no, the black will do for now.

Can you see my power chords ;) Frosted translucent sheet for doing windows :) $5 max off ebay.

Scape looks kind of cool anyway with clear or dark (I count the moss wall as dark)

Andy

I'm quite looking forward to seeing it with a black background, have to admit I like the frosted look but generally I like it in scapes that are more minimal so I think this will look good with black.

Still no algae aye, I think I'm gonna shoot across the pond and dump some ammonia in your tank lol.

Elodea Densa

Can you see my power chords ;) Frosted translucent sheet for doing windows :) $5 max off ebay.

Scape looks kind of cool anyway with clear or dark (I count the moss wall as dark)

Andy

"kind of cool" :lol: I'm overwhelmed by your enthusiasm. ;) The black background was mooched from Endor, so even cheaper than $5 off ebay. I have to trim it, though, it's not sitting the way I want it too. I was only eyeballing the measurements.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing it with a black background, have to admit I like the frosted look but generally I like it in scapes that are more minimal so I think this will look good with black.

I think the sag will pop better with black.

Still no algae aye, I think I'm gonna shoot across the pond and dump some ammonia in your tank lol.

Elodea Densa

No, and I tried super hard to muck up the substrate and everything and get lots of ammonia. I'll never have algae like the rest of you do... :sad: I'll never be part of the group now... :sad: Sob... Sob... sniff... sniff...

:p

Spam... Galaxura

Elodea Densa

No, and I tried super hard to muck up the substrate and everything and get lots of ammonia. I'll never have algae like the rest of you do... :sad: I'll never be part of the group now... :sad: Sob... Sob... sniff... sniff...

Spam... Galaxura
You can share some of my gsa :friends: I've got enough to go around everyone (mostly cuz I keep forgetting to scrub it off whenever I water change, and then cba afterwards when I remember!)

Elodea Densa

Spam... Galaxura
You can share some of my gsa :friends: I've got enough to go around everyone (mostly cuz I keep forgetting to scrub it off whenever I water change, and then cba afterwards when I remember!)

Offer it for swap... :rofl:

I only got algae when my mother in law screwed up solitude while I was away. :p

I meant to sound like an American when they begrudgingly give a compliment :) I guess my English Grammar lost the effect a little there. 'Kinda cool'. Is that better. I mean it sincerely though. I think black/dark is rarely a good look however you seem to make it look so.

Andy

I meant to sound like an American when they begrudgingly give a compliment :) I guess my English Grammar lost the effect a little there. 'Kinda cool'. Is that better. I mean it sincerely though. I think black/dark is rarely a good look however you seem to make it look so.

Andy

Now why is the compliment given only begrudgingly? You love what I do, Andy! Do not be ashamed to scream it from the mountaintops! :shout:

Everybody loves what I do because my tanks are beautiful and have no algae, unless it's a Marine tank, then I gotta put algae in it. But only kinds that I approve of. Cause tanks only do what I say...

:D

Just caught up on your thread Liz, I do love your tank, and I also am a big fan of the lace plants (was considering a aponogeton henkelianus for mine, but we shall see)...

So where's the photo with the background, I wanna see a comparison!

Just caught up on your thread Liz, I do love your tank, and I also am a big fan of the lace plants (was considering a aponogeton henkelianus for mine, but we shall see)...

Thanks, I try. I'm having problems with evaporation lately because of the heat and running the AC all the time. I love my madagascar. What I love most about it was that it was a tissue culture from the convention I went to last year. It was soooo tiny when I first got it.

So where's the photo with the background, I wanna see a comparison!

It's coming, I've been really busy with other forum stuff lately, not a lot of time for "me stuff" in the forum. I'll try to get them up tomorrow night. I also planted the sag, and I have to separate plants for swap.

Lots to do Monday morning.

Most reactions

trending

Back