Llj's Ada Tank "refugees From Endor"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Besides uprooting the crypts will disturb the substrate, causing a potential ammonia spike, keeping me on my toes

You mean save you having to dose the tank for a week. lol. You are getting lazy Liz :p

I don't dose anyway. I'm already Lazy, but this'll save me some TPN+ for later.

You go ahead and laugh. You WISH you had a tank this easy...

jedi-smiley.gif

My anubias seem to be growing faster. And the leaves are getting bigger. Good times. Will probably have to prune them soon.

We need some spam...

Cryptocoryne wendtii red

Ah ha I do, I'm adding a large group of cherries to pogostemon pastures and going with no water changes or dosing soon, the cherries will be munching anything that does and lets face it the waste they create will be minimal so there's my ferts :).

I'm cured of planted torretts..........

FISSIDENS FONTANUS!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear :(

Liz, you're (tank is) wonderful.

I'm actually jealous how you can have such a low maintenance tank that looks so good. Are you not dosing any Co2 or ferts at all?

I don't dose anyway. I'm already Lazy, but this'll save me some TPN+ for later.

Lol.

I know right? I'm terrible.

Now for a shocker...

I may lose the moss wall. Hahahahaha! :hyper: I know! I know! :lol: But it grows too well and too fast, if that's possible. And the scheduled reattachment is going to happen right in the middle of the academic year and I will have no time. Better to get rid of it, offer it for swap, and keep the tank very simple. The runner up in the poll was a dark background, so basic black it is. Sags will look pretty like that.

Liz

Spam: moss wall.

Wipe your chin & stop dribbling all over my thread. :p

:lol:

*slurp* oops ... sorry. Did I do that in public??
rofl.gif

*slurp* oops ... sorry. Did I do that in public??
rofl.gif

BTW, my stuff is doing great, except for the willow moss that won't stay put!! Yesterday I found some hair net (like the school cafeteria ladies used to wear!) and I'm going to try using that.
yes.gif

Well, I've been busy yesterday. As the Marine takes shape, this tank has to become more simplified. I'm getting some dwarf sag soon in exchange for some bolbitis and C. spiralis.

I need to take a picture of the both before I mail them because I think like it. A lot more Bolbitis than I thought. A lot more crypt than I thought. I also removed the moss wall, a lot more moss than I thought. :crazy:

fts (still cloudy from messing with the Amazonia)

3513c19b.jpg

c2d9b45d.jpg

Petite nana cluster... I need to thin out my anubias too, and my pelia...

2bd92fb8.jpg

My madagascar... I love him so. :wub:

46a9507c.jpg

Density... The growth is dense...

0562c39b.jpg

99c727d9.jpg

My girl...

98aeb478.jpg

Another angle...

645f8697.jpg

For now, the plan is too thin things out, cover the gaps in substrate with Dwarf sag. I love the taller grassy look. Then put a black background and the tank will be very low-maintenance while the Marine is getting into shape.

Months down the line, possibly over the holidays, I'll keep select specimens from this system, swap out the substrate (refresh the Amazonia), and yes, go Dutch. :yahoo: I can now experiment with RO/tap mixes which will soften the water enough to grow stems well. My water was softer before. With a soil based substrate, I can opt for a permanent no-CO2 system for this tank, and still keep Dutch principles, I think. May change my stock too.

looks loads better without the moss wall, looks like a'proper' aquascape now! All looking very green and healthy! :good:

looks loads better without the moss wall, looks like a'proper' aquascape now! All looking very green and healthy! :good:

Still will make it antiscape by adding a cheesy black backround because I can't stand the site of chords and stuff. I think the sag will give it a very rough grassland feel to it. Really need to get rid of some hardscape and pelia though. Hahaha, they'll love me at swap.

Agree with Ian, it looks a lot 'crisper' without the moss wall, the Madagascan Lace plant is unique, never seen it for sale over here in the UK except for online.

Agree with Ian, it looks a lot 'crisper' without the moss wall, the Madagascan Lace plant is unique, never seen it for sale over here in the UK except for online.

Well, today, I snapped a photo of it early this evening. Much clearer water.

2f540108.jpg

I also received a bag of very nice dwarf sag from another hobbiest. That's the one I'm giving some bolbitis and C. spiralis too.

43c401bc.jpg

Plants arrived in great shape. I planted it today and added a black background, but the tank is still cloudy and I have to fix the background. That Amazonia is messy.

I'll snap some pictures tomorrow, but there's still a little bit to do. I don't want so many pieces of wood with Pelia, just the major pieces and that's it. I think what I'll do is remove the pelia, offer it for swap and store the wood for future scapes. These pieces are small and perfect for covering with plants for a Dutch scape. I also have to thin out the Anubias.

llj

Aargh the dreaded black backgrounds (I know you like them.) I would have to say I would +1 on it looking much better with the clear back on the last page however I wouldn't go as far as to be so cheeky as saying it looked more like a 'proper' aquascape. That would land me in trouble and I'm not one for web arguments :p

Good growth in there Liz. Looking good but not overly keen on the 2 hobs. Doesn't match the ADA minimalist movement. lol

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back