Breeding Amano Shrimp

Bloo,

I just read through all 5 pages of this thread. Have you ever thought about editing your first post to include a summary and your thoughts about what might work? Maybe including the links that were posted throughout this thread? Just an idea! :D

ok...well i know that this thread is old but i need info. lol. Ok well i have 1 female with grey eggs and well the last couple of days she has been releasing some of the ggs (well they have disapeared from uinder her) and well now i was wondering if there are "zoes" in my tank. The tank is a 2 gallon and well there is stuff throughout the tank but it sorta just looks like dubris (sp?) and well i was wondering if they were "zoes"???

Also is there a way that i can make my own green water at my house???? Cause i would have to drive like 5 hours to get to my closest store that carries full out saltwater stuff. So i need to figure something out. lol.
Thanks.

Good thread by the way. Took my a good 20 minutes to read it all. lol :D

So can anyone help me........? i am in need of alot of help. and bloo i think that you could help me out here too. lol :D

The eggs turn almost white before they hatch, they look almost see through. To check if you have larvae you can shine a torch on the water when the tank light is off, the
zoes are tiny but are attracted to the light and are visible. As for green water, putting some water in a glass container with some decaying veg matter like a lettuce leaf in a window may produce it, I didn't try to rear the zoes. There are some accounts on shrimp forums of successful rearing of amano's
The eggs in this pic were all hatched within 24 hours of the pic.
eggs1.jpg

ok...well i really need to know what the "zoes" look like once they are hatched. Like i have saw magnified versions but i need to know what to look for when i am looking in my tank. Caus ei really need to figure out if i have some "zoes" yet or not. Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back