Zuchinni In Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

julielynn47

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I put 2 slices of zuchinni in my tank and the only thing paying any attention to it at all are my cories.  I thought the pleco would like it, and maybe the butterfly loach and kuli loach.  But the only thing that cares it is there at all is one little cory.

There is slice right by the pleco and he is totally ignoring it.

I will take it out in a few minutes if the fish just keep ignoring it. I don't want to leave it in there overnight

Leave it in there for a few hours, The pleco may not recognize it as food yet.

The Kuhli loach wont touch it, and you need at least 5 more Kuhlis.

The Hill stream loach should also be kept in groups and it needs fast moving water to survive.

NickAu said:
Leave it in there for a few hours, The pleco may not recognize it as food yet.

The Kuhli loach wont touch it, and you need at least 5 more Kuhlis.

The Hill stream loach should also be kept in groups and it needs fast moving water to survive.

2fast2quick
you nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been able to get any more butterfly or kuli loaches . The pet store does not have any.  But when I can I will get more. :)   The butterfly/hillstream seems to be doing good in the tank. I have a bubble thing and I run a diatom filter at least once a week. He hangs out around the intake a lot. But he seems happy enough.

He hangs out around the intake a lot. But he seems happy enough.
He is doing that because there is not enough water movement/ Oxygen in the water

This video will give you an idea of how much current they need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGQ20dtpDVY

I didn't mean he stayed there all the time.  He is all over the tank!  Honestly I never know where I will find him next.  There is just no way that my tank will ever have that much current. But like I said , he seems happy enough.

I had to offer my current Pleco zucchini over night for a week or so before he figured it. Never had a problem with putting it in overnight.

I leave it in for a couple of days and it all goes, Bn plex, panda Garra and my red tailed black shark love it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back