Zooplus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chr15_8

Fish Herder
Reaction score
has anybody used this website?

i got a link on hear to them a few years ago but just wanted to make sure there ok?

cheers
chris

I've ordered stuff for our hamster from there....but I wouldn't reccomend it for fish stuff. What are you thinking of buying? (if you don't mind me asking)

I've used them recently and quite happy with prices and delivery :)

eheim 1260 hobby pump
eheim compact+2000
some filter media for my tropical filters.

why do you say not to order fish stuff?

when i get 10% off for first purchase i get the 2 pumps for £105 normally the 1260 goes for around £90 or so and my local seems to be messing about abit so carnt be bothered (they said they had one they would keep hold of for me) i drove which took over 2 hours and they didn't have either :rolleyes: lucky they had the other thing i was after which is hard to get hold off.

One thing I don't like is that most of their electricals are designed for use in Germany so come with adapters. Just personal preference :)

cheers

One thing I don't like is that most of their electricals are designed for use in Germany so come with adapters. Just personal preference :)
yea i saw that. Just means i will chop off the plug and put a uk 3 pin on it.

thanks
chris

True :lol: and save money too (compared to buying in the uk)

True :lol: and save money too (compared to buying in the uk)

well stm in sevonoaks kent is £10 dearer. i was going to be getting it but they didn't have them. would rather spend the £10 more in a proper shop to help support them but its too far away to keep going backwards and forwards

has anybody used this website?

I used them a couple of years ago. I ordered a large cat house/scratch pole and some cat litter. The litter never arrived and the cat house had a hole missing so I couldn't assemble it without modification.

I had it delievered to work and never saw a delivery note. So I don't know if the litter was received but stolen from our goods inwards dept. I doubt that tho. Calling ZooPlus, they couldn't tell me if they had sent the litter or not! Nor did they know if they usually send orders with a delivery note/invoice or not. They did credit my credit card without hassle tho.

I got my Eheim 2075 from them - all went fine. You do get a power adapter but it's not like the box and instructions are entirely in German - it's a full international manual (with English)!

cheers will order the stuff now.

last question

how long after ordering did your stuff take to arrive?

thanks
chris

I got my Eheim 2075 from them - all went fine. You do get a power adapter but it's not like the box and instructions are entirely in German - it's a full international manual (with English)!

If you dont want to use the adapter just cut the two pin plug off and stick a normal plug on, the wiring is the same except there is no earth. That said though I have seen some with an earth so you never know.

Mike

I ordered an Eheim external filter from them (due ot it being the cheapest) and it took an age to arrive and then there were parts missing (little clips and stuff) that had obviously fallen through the box seams when it was shipped over and it was all scratched up. All Eheim equipment comes with continental plugs and supplied adaptors AFAI am told.

I then had to also order the quick release connectors etc that I needed from my LFS and ended up spending more than I would have done going direct with my LFS.

I guess everyone will have different stories to tell about any trader.

Good luck!

Last year I bought 6 chunks of artificial ocean rock (which is just brilliant!) but only 5 bits arrived. They were quick to offer a refund on the missing bit but I wanted the 6th bit sending. It took a long while for the disclaimer form to arrive and the missing bit was then replaced but it took nearly 6 weeks!

In hindsight I should have accepted the refund then re-ordered another piece which would have arrived in 3-5 days :rolleyes:

I'd use them again :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back