Zoo Growth Related To Tank Conditions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lovesfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was wondering since we've purchased a frag of zoos about 2 months about it has almost doubled and size. I was wondering does this mean the tank conditions are good or is there any conculsion that can be drawn from the growth rate as far as conditions I don't mean as far as nitrates nitrites I mean as flow and such. dave

My zoo's grow like wildfire. They are a fairly hardy coral though so I doubt tank conditions needs to be perfect for them to reproduce, however I'm sure that it shows some sign of good conditions.

It means that those particular Zooanthids like the conditions in your tank, a different species may not.

Nothing can be concluded regarding the water quality from one single coral species, if all corals are thriving & water parameters are stable and low then the conditions can be said to be good.

well we have a frogspawn and bubble tip anemone both of which seem to be doing well. The frogspawn stays as open as it gets during the day and the back wall is being covered in coraline algae. From reasearch all of these are signs of good water conditions am I wrong? dave

Why dont you just test your water params? LOL.
Other than the basic test kits, your tank does sound to be stable.

I know my params are fine but there is more to water chemistry than just paramaters that I know corals can teach you is all.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back