Zoanthids Behaving .... Differently

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
There is something else with the Zoa........ The picture shows a patch of the colony that never opens and has started to collect a collar of algae. What do you make of this. This GSP and the rest of the same colony is opening fully. I am at a loss.......

Many thanks

Regards

Sorry for the post in saltwater inverts but I seem to be able to attach pictures here.....

Attachments

• DSC01109.JPG
    DSC01109.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 51
they just look like little button corals. Like a zoanthid. They just haven't opened up yet.

There is something else with the Zoa........ The picture shows a patch of the colony that never opens and has started to collect a collar of algae. What do you make of this. This GSP and the rest of the same colony is opening fully. I am at a loss.......

Many thanks

Regards

Sorry for the post in saltwater inverts but I seem to be able to attach pictures here.....

Is it always those specific polyps in the center of the colony that are closed, or does it change daily? Meaning sometimes is it the polyps on the left and sometims the polyps on the right?

It is always those polyps, the ones around the edge, the group that decided to 'go it alone' and the other two sitting in the corner are all FINE; colour is strong and they ALL OPEN. I don't know why these ones don't????? :blink:

Regards

hey if you read Crazyfishes and Mushos responses together it looks like
regards
predator :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back