Zebra Danio

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sandyd

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a full grown giant Zebra danio in a 40 with my 3 full grown silver dollars. Lately I have noticed that it has been doing some nipping on my sd's. I want to move him, but am not sure if i will overload my 55 gallon. In my 55 gallon are 5 tiger barbs, 6 albino tiger barbs, 4 corys, 3 black skirt tetras, and 2 peco's. I know i should get him a friend, but i have not found any near its size and dont now if it would eat a smaller one. He is about 6 inches long, so I dont think he would fit in the 55 with the others that are in there. Any suggestions? Maybe check with the lfs store and see if they want him? I dont want him hurting my sd's.
Sandy

Personally, I'd take him back to the lfs. Well, I don't want to say in this forum what I would do unless asked but in your case I'd take him back to the lfs. Them guys are too active for sd's.

Thanks for the posts, he came with the sd's, and there was no room for him anywhere else that is why he is in there with them. I am going to talk to the lfs and see if they will take him before he hurts one of my old guys. Thanks again.
Sandy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back