Zebar Nerite Snail Poop?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I have a zebra Nerite snail in a 10gal tank with a betta and some neons. This tank gets so dirty too fast. The snail even gets poop stuck on his shell. The wood he l
Iikes to spend his time gets covered in brown poop bits. This is normal right? I have never had a aquatic snail before. I would get rid of him but my daughter loves the snail for some reason.

Just checking these guys poop a lot and it's not just me going crazy? I had no idea something so small and slow could poop so much it's really amazing.

Oh and this snail laid eggs on the wood so I have these weird white spots in my wood. They can't hatch in fresh water so I just have white spots on my wood.

I have an olive nerite, and they seem to poop proportionally to how much algae they're eating. So, when my tank was full of diatom algae there was poop all over the place. As the algae dropped off and they slowed down eating, there was less poop. Things that eat plants have to eat constantly so have to poop... constantly.

So yeah, its normal.

I have an olive nerite, and they seem to poop proportionally to how much algae they're eating. So, when my tank was full of diatom algae there was poop all over the place. As the algae dropped off and they slowed down eating, there was less poop. Things that eat plants have to eat constantly so have to poop... constantly.

So yeah, its normal.

Thanks that was the perfect answer . I do have a good amount of brown algea. Your right plant eating or grazing animals do poo more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back