You've Got To Be Kidding!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dzsigmond217

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok..so a friend and I sarcastically said 'I wonder when they will invent a betta 'home' that is shaped like a betta..just a little bit larger than the fish itself, attached to a spring so that you can use it as a 'betta bobber' for your car.' We were looking at these tiny betta homes online and got angry. check out this nonsense!
This aquarium holds 1/4 gallon of water which would be Great for a Betta, small fish, shrimp, etc.

Betta Prison

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's unbelivable. Inhumane.

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that a dwarf platy in the picture?

Wow...that is way too small for a betta. For any fish for that matter. This frusterates me so much. :angry:

Well..I didn't like this ebay store..but now I'm banning it.

Rotating Hell

Can you believe they have a betta in with what looks to be a platy. Its 3/4 of a gallon for petes sake!
I'm cooked..this is the end all.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's for people who want a decoration and not a pet. Unfortunatly there are alot of people out there who will never see fish of any kind as a pet.

Those little tanks would look great with a plant in them though. Like a water lily or something w/ natural or colored gravel like they have in the pics.

some Azoo aquariums are actually quite big (obviously not the ones you have stated)....I've seen ones that are like 7 gallons, but these are like the apple pie ones and one shaped like a giant wave, which I really like, but I agree these tiny Azoo ones I'd never keep a better in!

hia
i recently saw some bubblegum dispensers and, a donut shaped thing for sale on Ebay,
no dont get me wrong im all for fun in ebay and fishkeeping, but thats just plain bloody nasty,and wouldnt want to meet the sort of people who actually keep fish in them as they must be pretty scarey.
and another thing ive noticed is that a lot of them come from Austrailia,now with there beautiful coral reefs etc,and the danger its in you would think they of all people would have a lot more respect for fish,
but thats not a dig at aussies, just the ones selling that tosh on ebay GET A GRIP!! :angry:

I wish people would stop make these tiny stupid tanks. This is the reason I can't go on ebay. It just puts me in a horrible mood from seeing that people actually buy them.

That is rather awful, but I can sadly beat it. I found this on eBay when searching for "betta fish"

Its a sad, sad world.

272e_1.JPG
"Oh Betta Round Fish Tank"

That is rather awful, but I can sadly beat it. I found this on eBay when searching for "betta fish"

Its a sad, sad world.

View attachment 49826

Yeah those have been around for a while unfortunatly.
The LFS we go to sells the aweful things and usually has a very unhappy, unhealthy betta just sitting at the top. We'd stop going to this store, but they're the only ones that sell what we want.. win/lose situation ya know.
As I said before though... alot of people only see fish as decor.. bettas especially. Their beauty is their curse pretty much.

Its a sad, sad world.

View attachment 49826

The LFS we go to sells the aweful things and usually has a very unhappy, unhealthy betta just sitting at the top. We'd stop going to this store, but they're the only ones that sell what we want.. win/lose situation ya know.
As I said before though... alot of people only see fish as decor.. bettas especially. Their beauty is their curse pretty much.

These kinds of things are bought by the same type of people who buy hermit crabs on the boardwalk or try to win goldfish at a carnival. Would be great for these folks to get "Accidently" locked in the trunk (boot) of their cars for an hour or so. Might give 'em a new perspective. Or maybe a "wood shampoo" with an axe handle...

Its a sad, sad world.

View attachment 49826

These kinds of things are bought by the same type of people who buy hermit crabs on the boardwalk or try to win goldfish at a carnival. Would be great for these folks to get "Accidently" locked in the trunk (boot) of their cars for an hour or so. Might give 'em a new perspective. Or maybe a "wood shampoo" with an axe handle...
somebody that doesnt know any better?..... relax

unfortunately people buy these all the time. and most of the time it is not due to cruel intentions...... the makers of such "tanks" are the ones to blame. but hey, nothing is going to change. it's a profitable business.

btw (and let the flaming at me begin), i do not believe a 3/4 gallon tank is "horrible" for a betta. not ideal, yes. ..... but a betta can live a fairly happy life in a 3/4 gallon tank. would i personally keep my bettas in one? Absolutely not... just my thoughts.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back