Your Ultimate Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Some great ideas here! I like the blobfish; they are sort of gorgeous in their own way.

I'd like a pressurizied tank so I could could keep bioluminescent jellyfish.

i think i would have a HUGE amazonian tank with giant schools of different tetras, catfish, cories, maybe piranha and pacus, and a caimen. in which to go snorkling in :D

I'd really like a tank with a group of Narwhals and some gorgeous Blobfish :good:

Blobfish?

blobfish.jpg

Really?
Yes! :D

I have seen some of your dream tanks at a few different public aquariums. Monterey bay aquarium has 5 yellowfin tuna with a few others like hammerheads, sunfish, sward fish and sea turtles . In the DC Smithsonian where I saw a huge reef set up. they also have the most amazing amazon tank .

Here is a photo of it.
http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/18/free-admission-to-museums-nationwide/

In Maui they had a tank with a tigers shark and eagle ray there where also a bunch of other fish.

So it can be done. Keep dreaming. It would be cheaper to just move to Hawaii and snorkel everyday.

I would like a HUGE tank for breeding seahorses/dragons in, well... just a little 10ft square tank would me nice, all set up with the filtration and tidal and all the right algaes growing etc. Spend time working with some of the rarer species, terying to recreate their habitats and breed them to release further down the line.

-------

Would also like a REALLY HUGE tank, about 20ft long x 10ft wide x 15ft high with a breeding group of top notch Super Red Arowanas and maybe a breeding group of Leopoldi stingrays (if not... id just need another tank!!)...

-------

Would also love a proper adult Tiger Shovelnose!! Oooohhhhh..... *drool* (i shouldnt i know... but if i had the space and money?... i so would!)

------

And to counteract all this damaging wishfull thinking, I would have all of these tanks in seperate rooms as display tanks for limited public viewing (depending if fish are breeding etc) but these would all be behind the scenes of the most epic 'rescue tank ever'. Big enough to take on all the oscars and plecs and big cats and everything i couldfit in there!! Like... a 40ft long glass 'room' LOL.

Sea Bass.

Just fish one out and grill or steam it when I'm hungry!

Adrian

PS A marine tank with lots of corals and fishes with someone else doing the maintainance for me!

If I was rich enough, I'd buy lake malawi, have it raised above the earth and surrounded by glass. Then I'd fly the whole thing back to the uk and attach it to the east coast. :p

Huge? sometimes I think yes and sometimes I think maybe not :S

I get a kick out of studying the individuals and how they act and interact with each other and if you have a really big shoal then this would be a lot harder if not impossible you would be focused on the main group more I like the characters :nod:. I have 11 of them currently and it is hard to keep up with them all at times :lol: but a vast tank for them would be great a 16 footer now that would be amazing :good:

Regards onebto

great white , b ut it if was 1 you could actually have in a house it woukd be an immense planted tank with a huge shoal of altums and thousands of cardinals

Loads and loads of octopui. Coolest things in the sea!!

or

A big group of giant squid :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back