Young Cory Fry

weezawoo

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey
I have some 1 1/2 month old Cory fry and also some 1 week old fry. They are both in the same tank as I don't have enough tanks for them all separate.
I have been feeding Liquifry to them and have started to add in finely crushed flakes for the older guys. I have also just bought some microworms which should come any day.

I am just wondering what 'routine' people use, as in how long you feed them on liquifry for and when do you switch over the food.
This is my first batches of fry and so far I seem to be doing well (fingers crossed!)

Lastly, how big would you recommend them being before them move into my main tank?

Any help is appreciated!

I think mine were about 4 months old by the time I released them in to the main tank (about 2cm). I never fed crushed flake or pellets to them until they were in the main tank. While they were still babies I always fed a mixture of Tetramin Baby (soaked with water in a test tube so it sank) and frozen baby brine shrimp.

you could also try asking
your lfs to get you some frozen
bosmiden in or you could grow
some your self i have put a link
up for you to look at it give you
instructions how to grow your own
food

http://freshaquarium.about.com/b/2007/12/30/infusoria-culture.htm

I don't like feeding them LiquiFry at all because it is too easy to pollute the water. I'd rather start them out on filter mulm and then move to microworms, and Hikari First Bites. Newly hatched brine shrimp are good too but I don't like to hatch them.

weezawoo, there is no single way to raise fry. If whatever you do brings you success, keep on doing it. The one thing that is necessary for everyone to do is good and frequent water changes. This keeps them growing nicely.

Thanks for all the advice! I was just curious as to other peoples methods! I seem to be doing well with liquifry as doing water changes daily, using my main tank water.
I was just unsure how long to feed them on liquifry or how long is reccomended, they seem to be taking some fine flake at the moment (the older ones) so when I get my microworms through all this snow, I will try some of them. Would the very small ones be able to eat them too? Or still liquifry for them?

Most reactions

Back