Yikes

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Tonight, my aunt came over with her kids for a christmas thing. So, she has a almost 3 year old named Zack. He likes ot mess with stuff. Well, he dumped my ENTIRE Container of Micro Pellets into my Convict tank, and i just ofund out, 2 hours later. I used all my instinct of fishkeeping, and winged it. I took out 20 gallons of water via-syphon, and got about all the food out. I hope i didnt lose anything. The Convicts fry became free swimming today, and it owuld be a pity to lose them because of this. I am putting in some extra bacteria from another tank and am going to cross my fingers. Im not feeding the fish till tommorow night. I did a test and the Ammonia and Nitrites didnt show up. So i guess thats a good thing.

*FINGERS CROSSED*
 
Hope they are OK :good:.

Kids can get into everything. My 55gal is in our basement, where my mom does daycare. We had two new kids one was just getting the hang of walking. It was the second day, and she found my canister filter :crazy:. Lifted one of the latched that keeps the top of the canister sealed to the bottom. I've never seen my tank drain so fast.
 
OUCH! Poor fish.

The parents were doing their job though. I think they could sense a difference in their water from all the food decaying in there, as when i went in to check on the fish and feed them before bed, every single fry was bunched up in a ball, and each parent was guard a end of the PVC Pipe! They still wont let the fry out of the PVC Pipe since i did the W/C. I hope you had a Merry Christmas!
 
SO glad to hear your fish and fry are ok, hopefully everything is going to remain ok.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top