Yet Another Rio 125!

I've pulled it out, its metal and looks ok.

Without the guard it's silent, i'm guessing that a washer or something is missing allowing the prop to move slightly. Although the new ones are meant to be washerless.

Hey! Thanks for sharing your setup. I too have the Rio 125 with LR in at the mo. Just waiting for it to settle before puttin any livestock in it. Will be creating my journal soon!! :)

Just out of interest.....what have you got in the filter?

Regards

The new ones are ceramic shafts and there is a little type of bung thing (you would probably call it a posh washer :lol:) which holds it in place. I wonder if you could buy new replacements

Seffie x

Bit of a setback to report :no:

Yesterday when I was looking for hitchhikers I noticed that the tank seam on the front seemed a bit out of line.

Upon closer inspection it appears that the right hand side glass panel is off square. To the rear it tilts in from top to bottom and to the front it tilts out bottom to top.

At first I thought nothing of it so I went to bed, only to wake up at 2am thinking about it.

I ummmed and arrred about it on the way to work, eventually deciding to contact Juwel.

Whilst I waited for Juwel to get back to me I also contacted the supplier who said to send some pics in. By the time I sent this off Juwel had got back to me stating I return the tank straight away for a swap. Shortly after this the supplier contacted me to say the same thing.

So all in all, bit of a delay and a bit of a pain as I've got to re-paint the rear but credit to Juwel for offering the swap without me having to argue in the slightest. All i've got to do is run my tank until next thursday, pop the rock in a bucket, swap the tank at the shop, re-paint and refill it.

No word back from Hydor on my buzzing Nano yet, a bit slack in comparison to Juwel.

yer thats good of juwel to do that. i like juwel aquariums but there stands are not very good for sumps.

I've found some more life amongst the rocks, plenty of small tube worms/feather dusters but also got these:

A button poly - pink/brown??

DSC00100.jpg

And i'm going to need help with this one, it's green in the centre, it's on a stalk and has got small polys around it's 'mouth'.

DSC00102.jpg

Top one looks like a paly and the bottom one is a peanut worm, great to have in the tank

Seffie x

Bit of an update regarding water stats:

Water tested using Salifert Kit & D-D Refractometer

Saturday

Temp 26 Deg C
SG 1.024
Ammonia <0.25
Nitrite 0.1
Nitrate 2.5
PH 7.7

Monday

Temp 26 Deg C
SG 1.024
Ammonia <0.25
Nitrite 0.05
Nitrate 2.5
PH 8.0

Tank running at 2000lph, lights on for 3-4hrs a day.

I'll be getting the replacement tank on Thursday, painting the rear Thursday & Friday, refilling new tank on Saturday. Hopefully by then i'll be getting closer to CUC time.

How do the stats look? Too early to spot any patterns?

You are in your cycle woo hoo - if you intend having corals bring the SG up slowly to 1.026

Seffie x

Ok will do Seffie.

I'll sorted that out when I swap tanks over.

Can't wait for CUC time, tank has gone a bit lifeless crab-wise, not seen them for ages.

this stage is so hard trying to resist not adding anything!!

it will be worth it in the end

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back