Yep... Another Stocking Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AstonN24vantage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi all. i know i know, another thread asking what to get, so lets just get started. so, i set up a 20 inch tank yesterday, took water, filter, decorations and gravel from my 30g, which has ideal conditions and has been set up for 2 1/2 years. i'm looking to breed some fish, specifically cichlids, but last time i tried this, it failed. bad. so, im going to keep a species-only tank, with the exception of a catfish or something. so far i've been thinking something along the lines of a convicts or electric yellows, but the elec. yellows would be in a group. any more ideas? anything wrong with my ideas (they're not going to be there at the same time, the EYC and convicts, obviously). im looking for something somewhat obidient, not too agressive, easy to breed and easily availible. thank you.

I was thinking of doing something similar with my 30ish gallon. Narrowed it down to a pair of Convicts or Sajicas or Jewels.

I have breed firemouths, really fun to watch there colour develop, especially the "beards"!

what would be appropriate in the 10gallon? i love your choices, BUT im not sure if i can fit them.

Kribensis are fun to breed... i've never done it myself, but i've hard lots about it and it seems fairly simple,

what would be appropriate in the 10gallon? i love your choices, BUT im not sure if i can fit them.

Sorry, I must have mis-read your opening post. I thought you were looking for 30g ideas.

so can i or can i not keep a breeding pair of convicts in a 20inch tank?

I'd say no, even dwarf cichlids would be pushing it.

you may be able to do some shell dwellers? not sure on their tank size requirements , but i know its not too big a tank needed .

They're getting more available, yeah. There was some on here that Realtree was selling iirc and I have a load of fry on the conveyer belt now. If you stick a wanted ad up on here and Aquarist Classified etc, I am sure you will be able to get hold of some.

Most reactions

trending

Back