Yellowtail Damsels (chrysiptera Parasema)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tmreynolds

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Am thinking about a replacement for my deceased coral beauty :( , don't like the idea of another CB.

I've been looking at yellowtail damsels, I've heard these are the least aggresive damsel, is that true?

Do you think one would be suitable to go in with 2 percs, a 4-line wrasse and a yellow watchman goby that are established?

Can anyone share their experiences of this fish?

Cheers,

its a debatable subject, ok they are possibly one of the least aggressive but there is no way of knowing if they will get along with your percs. some damsels can devistate your stock, they are unpredictable at the end of the day.

why not look at some chromis instead? i used to hate these fish untill i bought some. these fish are mad as hell, not the least bit scared of my pussy scratchers in the tank.

its a debatable subject, ok they are possibly one of the least aggressive but there is no way of knowing if they will get along with your percs. some damsels can devistate your stock, they are unpredictable at the end of the day.

why not look at some chromis instead? i used to hate these fish untill i bought some. these fish are mad as hell, not the least bit scared of my pussy scratchers in the tank.

Hmm, don't want to risk my current stock really so maybe the damsels out then. I like chromis, but I would need to keep 3 chromis though right? I've read this is better than one or a pair. I think 3 might be overstocking, which I don't want to do.

I've also been looking at pyjama cardinals, royal gramma, banded longfin basslet (although I think these are hard to get hold of) or blackcap basslet. I know these should all be OK.

Decisions decisions..

have you got invertebrates beacuse some cardinals are risky with them also green chromis are quite small and if u keep in a odd number above 3 they should do fine but i dont know what ur tank size is so ..

just looked at ur sig so i dont know if cardinals would be a good idea but i would ask some1else for a diffrent opion just in case also im no good at telling if overstocked so i would do like above

i know im not very helpfull but hey

How big is your tank? BTW i had a yellow tail damsel with 2 ocellaris clowns and there was just an occasional chase by the damsel when the clowns got to close to his territory. But every fish is different so i might have gotten a good one that wasnt aggressive so be careful in choosing if you deside to get one.

Im not the best when it comes to determining if a tank is overstocked or not but to me i think 3 chromis would fine in a 47 gallon :good:

well if i had your tank and i wanted to add something to brighten up my tank, it would have to be a red firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)

they are very sexy fish :good:

well if i had your tank and i wanted to add something to brighten up my tank, it would have to be a red firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)

Yeah, I really like firefish, my only reservation would be that adding it last, maybe it would be too shy and hide alot?

My damsel is a sweetie and is actually chased by me clownfish (who is becoing a nasty little bugger lately). IMO yellowtail damsels are lovely beautiful vividly soloured fish and you'd be unlucky to get a really nasy one

Yeah, I really like firefish, my only reservation would be that adding it last, maybe it would be too shy and hide alot?

i added my fire fish after all the chromis a pair of clowns and my convict blenny, he is out all day long. i have just been given/rescued a tiny scopaz tang, this guy is all over the place and it doesn't bother the fire fish 1 bit.

i added my fire fish after all the chromis a pair of clowns and my convict blenny, he is out all day long. i have just been given/rescued a tiny scopaz tang, this guy is all over the place and it doesn't bother the fire fish 1 bit.

Cool, thats definitely an option then, I only ruled out firefish because of the shyness :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back