Yellowbelly Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Delta62 Thorn

Reaction score
I have a yellowbelly catfish who is quite the glutton. I've had him (for sake of argument as I am not sure of its gender) for seven months in which he has grown from 1cm to approximately 11cm and in all that time he has never refused or hesitated to hork down anything edible that fit down his gullet. He has been on a combination diet of earthworms, feeder fish, and shrimp pellets. When I get feeder fish I get 5 at a time and they tend to last 3 days at most. Three days ago I got the usual five feeder fish to start off the week, he has yet to eat a single one. Any idea why such a gluttonous fish might suddenly lose his appetite? In observation he is prowling around the tank (a sign that he is searching for food) and has "nibbled" on the feeders, but has yet to eat for nearly three days now…

have you tried him on anything else? perhaps he just doesnt fancy fish :lol:

I feed him earthworms and shrimp pellets as well, from what I can tell he loves his worms and the feeder fish (as five normally don't last three days) but he isn't a huge fan of shrimp pellets.

Update: After an unusually long period of four days he has consumed one of the feeder fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back