yellow spine eel

CRAZED55

Reaction score
have a yellow spine eel, doesent come out very much and havent really seen him eat .
right now all i am feeding is flake food is there any other food i should give him?
also how can i make hime come out more?

Your eel is unlikely to take flake or any other dried food im afraid, you will need to feed it live or frozen bloodworm. Most eels and eel like fishes are nocturnal so you will need to feed it at night when the lights are out, in time your eel may become tame and come out during daylight.

I had a similar experience with a 4 inch fire eel. I tried frozen foods and fresh seafood but it never consumed any of it. A month had passed and it became quite slim. I finally purchased some live black worms and used an eye dropper to feed it (otherwise the worms wouldn't have reached the bottom of the tank). I moved the piece of driftwood it was hiding under to force it out in the open and brought the eye dropper to the eel.

It ate voraciously. It only took that 1 feeding incident for the eel to associate the dropper with food and now it feeds 2 times during the day. I'm trying to bulk it up so I can begin to wean it on to shrimp/krill/scallops.

If you don't see your eel eating then it more than likely isn't. It can go a long period without food but it will also become thin and will eventually pass on unless you can get it to accept food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back