Yellow panchax.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
About a month ago, I saw a new fish I'd never seen before...yellow panchax (they sort of looked like they had a fishy underbite :) ) I asked the person, and she said they were semi-aggressive and would not do well with any of my fish (a platy, yo-yo loach and white-cheeked goby).

A week ago I was looked at killifish pictures, and I saw one that looked very similar to the panchax! And part of the latin name was "panchax" unfortunately, there was no info on temperment or what not.

I'd love to have a pair of killifish...could anyone shed some light on these fish for me?

There are a lot of "Golden Wonder" panchax going around at the moment, could be you saw those. It is a colour morph of Aplocheilus lineatus. There was a thread about these a few days ago, here.

That's exactly what they were. So, they really aren't semi-aggressive...just hungry. LOL I know have a dwarf puffer in there, so it would probably end up as food right? Especially if they can eat guppies. :crazy:

Those are pretty awesome, eh? I got one a few days ago that was an inch long. Sorta looks almost like a miniature gold barracuda.

I wouldn't say they were aggressive. They grow quite large, have a large mouth and will swallow anything that fits in it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back