Yay new puffers!

Wisperian

Where's Nemo :o
Reaction score
Today, I visisted my lfs and they had figgy 8 puffies! I couldnt help it but bought 2 but i noticed that one had like a shrunken belly like the minion's Cookie the Fahaka.. is something wrong with him/her? I tried feeding the other one and he/she gladly ate but the other one didnt.. it has a very shrunken belly that like lumps inward...... help me plesae!

and i also need names

Possibly just under fed. General LFSs rarely feed puffers properly. Feed him up and see what happens.
I'd suggest starting them on live or frozen (thawed) bloodworm and live ghost shrimp (if you can get them) to get him eating. Later you can introduce them to the delights of cockles, mussells, prawns and so on.

On the other hand, it could be an internal paracite which are quite common in puffers. If he's eating but not gaining weight, then this is possibly the problem. Check your LFS for medication for internal paracites, but don't overdo it, puffers are very sensive to meds.

Yes most puffe are craply fed & yes there are few chemicals puffers will stand.
Bacterial Infections - MelaFix is an effective, all natural anti-bacterial remedy that is safe for puffers. It is is also good for scrapes, wounds and torn fins (great for fin regeneration and less scarring of wounds). Improvements can be seen within a few days of treatment.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back