Would This Hold A 5X2X2 Aquarium?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Betta5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Basically I have a kitchen side top thingy that is 5 foot long and 2 foot wide, with 6 24" tall legs on it. The legs are 3x3" timber poles, 1 in each corner and then 2 in the middle. The 'legs' are attached by angle brackets. TBH it seems a sturdy table/stand thing, im just wondering do you think it would hold the weight of a 5 foot aquarium?

Basically I have a kitchen side top thingy that is 5 foot long and 2 foot wide, with 6 24" tall legs on it. The legs are 3x3" timber poles, 1 in each corner and then 2 in the middle. The 'legs' are attached by angle brackets. TBH it seems a sturdy table/stand thing, im just wondering do you think it would hold the weight of a 5 foot aquarium?
personally i wouldnt risk a tank that size on something that wasnt made for it because if the legs arent spread at the right angle it will just collapse

Do you know what the angles are? I can always add more legs if needed

Other than that, ima have to shell out £200 on a stand lol, well my parents will.

Do you know what the angles are? I can always add more legs if needed

Other than that, ima have to shell out £200 on a stand lol, well my parents will.
find a local metal fabricator in your area preferably a small buissines or family run i got 1 made for £80 cash box steal sections welded then you can paint it yourself

Angle brackets are no good, could you not just re-inforce it with more timber and better supports by (take the brackets of and use Screws and new timber)....

Is my calculation that when filled the water in the tank would weigh around 500kg? If so then 2ft legs held on with angle brackets would get a very big NO from me :)

I have found that a nicely braced tank stand, perhaps with plywood or a similar product as the cross brace, will perform exactly as expected. A poorly designed stand or one that relies completely on metal fasteners always fails to satisfy me. I always want to have some confidence when using a new arrangement.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back