Would This Be Ok?

Qays

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Luton, Britain
viewe1fd.jpg


Too have the filter facing the front glass?
 
I would say no but thats just me.. if you have the flow facing right at the front of the tank the current of the water wont be reaching the other end of tank and it can cause major dead spots. why cant you face it along the length of the tank?
 
Why have it in front? Just to be different? If it depends on your hood, and your filter is just filtering, and you don't need a current then yes, it could be ok.
 
Ethos whats the fish in your Avator. Also isnt the current helping the filtration like the heat going round the tank and say if meds are added that goes with the water flow and it wouldnt be dispersed evenly. Or am I just being picky when it comes to wanting a circulation of water all the time in my tank?
 
If its going to be powerful then your going to have a circulation going from front to back at that patricular side of the tank. what size tank is it and whats your filter and what fish have you got?
 
I have a fluval 2 plus (internal) and the tank is 18x12x12 (11.2 gallons)
No fish, but when i do get them, theyll be dwarf gourami's, guppies and corys.

The gouramis like areas of little current.

But never mind, ill just have it facing long ways if it will have circluation problems. Just oggta go see the inlet holes for it!
 
I dont think the current will be too strong at all for that size tank. it will circulate nicely.

Really? have you had experience with the fluval 2?

yes I have,. I have one in my 18 for my goldfish. I did use it for my cycling Cichlid frytank but I have 2 fluval1+ for that now. Depending on if you have it under or over the waterlevel with the outlet will determine the current and if you have it just above the water level it will be fine and the current will just be at the top.
 
Dwarf Gourami's stya at the top area. And what is the "Aeration Venturi" Attachable piece?
 
Dwarf Gourami's stya at the top area. And what is the "Aeration Venturi" Attachable piece?

My dwarfs never stayed at the top, they were always middle. the Aeration is something that makes the output of water into bubbles aswell. I never bother with them as they put hundreds of bubbles everywhere.
 
I have a fluval 2 plus (internal) and the tank is 18x12x12 (11.2 gallons)
No fish, but when i do get them, theyll be dwarf gourami's, guppies and corys.

The gouramis like areas of little current.

But never mind, ill just have it facing long ways if it will have circluation problems. Just oggta go see the inlet holes for it!
If you already have it, then you should see the blue nozzle head that can turn - you don't actually have to position the filter faceing the front pane. I'd place the filter on one of the side panes about 4" or so from the back, and then just direct the nozzle to the back pane of the tank. Make sense ?
 
I have a fluval 2 plus (internal) and the tank is 18x12x12 (11.2 gallons)
No fish, but when i do get them, theyll be dwarf gourami's, guppies and corys.

The gouramis like areas of little current.

But never mind, ill just have it facing long ways if it will have circluation problems. Just oggta go see the inlet holes for it!
If you already have it, then you should see the blue nozzle head that can turn - you don't actually have to position the filter faceing the front pane. I'd place the filter on one of the side panes about 4" or so from the back, and then just direct the nozzle to the back pane of the tank. Make sense ?

I never thought of that. dayum lol
 
Yeah i have seen that. It goes only diagonally though. I will try that, but then it would be harder too hide the filter.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top