Would My Coconut Cave Be A Proper Breeding Place For My Angels?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

*cupcakecutie*

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive been told that angels need flat surfaces to lay their eggs on, the top of my coconut cave is semi-flat, is that ok? should i upload a pic?

you have already been advised on the object that angels breed on why not keep it to one thread?

My angels pick flat vertical surfaces. Its always been either on the glass or on the heater. They have never spawned on any of the drift wood.

you have already been advised on the object that angels breed on why not keep it to one thread?
becuz idk if anybody would reply back and i cant find that object

My angels pick flat vertical surfaces. Its always been either on the glass or on the heater. They have never spawned on any of the drift wood.

oh well maybe thats what they'll do

you cant find a breeding cone or slate?

you cant find a breeding cone or slate?

breed cone no, ive checked my petstores online and slate im gonna have to try and convince my mom to let me. i asked my grandma about it and she said i would have to a normal sized slate from home depot and break it. my mom might not agree to it so i was wondering if the coconut would work

I find that angelfish prefer to spawn on broad leaves...amazon swords in particular.
Just buy one for about £1.50 or something, stick it in the middle of the tank and viola! you have an ideal place for the fish to lay eggs.
Vertical surfaces are more ideal than horizontal surfaces, however, surfaces on a 45degree angle seems to allow more eggs to be laid for some reason.

Pink.

ebay is your friend

lol, i dont have an account, and neither does anybody in my family

I find that angelfish prefer to spawn on broad leaves...amazon swords in particular.
Just buy one for about £1.50 or something, stick it in the middle of the tank and viola! you have an ideal place for the fish to lay eggs.
Vertical surfaces are more ideal than horizontal surfaces, however, surfaces on a 45degree angle seems to allow more eggs to be laid for some reason.

Pink.

i actually alread have an amazon sword, i think they are beautiful plants, and ive been thinkin about buyin another

I second the large leaf plants. Swords and large leaf anubias work well for me and my angels. They always go for the plants instead of the large flat stones I have. Good luck and if they do spawn, expect them to fail the first few times. The eggs will go white and someone will eat them. That is all to be expected.

You need to read some more :)

Eggs going white normally means they've gone bad normally because of the fertilisation not working, the parents will eat them because they are nutritional, are not going to become fish and more than likely to stop infecting good eggs with bad etc

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back