Wot Is Wrong With My Apple Snail

dingweding

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i notice there are some rough green stuff on my golden apple snail, at first just show in the biggest one, now most of them got it.

is it something wrong with them? or should i feed them something special? i notice although they leave most of my plants alone,

but some tender leaves of foreground plants almost be eaten by them, and float everywhere.

Just because your plants dont have it doesent mean there is no algae in the tank. Plants grow (in surface area) a lot faster than snails, and babies a lot faster than adults; ive brought a few snails online and the larger ones have algae on, but smaller, faster growing babies dont.

Just because your plants dont have it doesent mean there is no algae in the tank. Plants grow (in surface area) a lot faster than snails, and babies a lot faster than adults; ive brought a few snails online and the larger ones have algae on, but smaller, faster growing babies dont.

so you mean, it is really algae? i thought it is lack some nutrition or wotever.

It's most likely epiphytic algae, nothing to worry about it, and all inverts will have home on them (though it's not usually big enough to be noticeable).

Go out to a local pond in the summer and catch some snails, most of them will have algae on them.
My tadpole snail has some on his shell :good: .

If you could post a pic it would help though :).

if your that concerned what i done was go out an buy a plec, he cleans the shells of my snails about 3 times a week from what i can see anyway lol, they dont mind the snails just carry on with what they are doing.

if your that concerned what i done was go out an buy a plec, he cleans the shells of my snails about 3 times a week from what i can see anyway lol, they dont mind the snails just carry on with what they are doing.

Really? :hyper:

i thought snail eat algea, so why not they clean each other? will try to take a pic later.

Thanks for all your suggestion :good:

My snails do clean each other!
In ponds in summer, the algae grows faster than the snails can eat it, so they dont bother eating it off each other.

Most reactions

Back