Worms? What to do?

Floridapierce78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok. I have 4 tanks, a 10, 36, 60, and a 125
I have only been in the hobby since Feb but I already have tank-itis. ( the fever). Anyway myb2 larger tanks have got the little white specks all over the glass and if you look closely. They move!! OMG! PUKE. I will post a picture if anyone can help me please. > love my fish and don't wanna yuke ever time I look at them.

Attachments

• 16562850326895186002410361607567.jpg
    16562850326895186002410361607567.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 26
Ok. I have 4 tanks, a 10, 36, 60, and a 125
I have only been in the hobby since Feb but I already have tank-itis. ( the fever). Anyway myb2 larger tanks have got the little white specks all over the glass and if you look closely. They move!! OMG! PUKE. I will post a picture if anyone can help me please. > love my fish and don't wanna yuke ever time I look at them.
Awww cute little fish foods 🤣

It means you're overfeeding. They're harmless, and as you scale back the food, they'll vanish, only to return if you overfeed for a few weeks.

Thank you so much. We have only been in the hobby about 6 months.. we have 3 tanks , a 36g biw, a 60g tall and a 125 long. We cut back on feeding about a week ago. Worms still coming. Should we cut back more. I am afraid my Oscar's will start to get aggressive. Any ideas? Owe we feed the oscars, silver dollars ( 125) pellets, freeze dried brine and frozen, vibra bites and wafers. The blue acars (60) get basically the same. The food is rotated. Not all in a day. But
we feed them twice daily.

Yes, I would say you are heavily overfeeding.
No need to feed twice daily, particularly for (mainly) carnivores (oscars, acaras).
I feed 4 times per week only and works well for me. For my (mainly) herbivores such as dollars, I still feed only 4 times per week, but they get hanging pieces of nori every morning as well.
Only time feeding is needed every day or more than once per day is with growing fry or young juvenile fish.

Yes, I would say you are heavily overfeeding.
No need to feed twice daily, particularly for (mainly) carnivores (oscars, acaras).
I feed 4 times per week only and works well for me. For my (mainly) herbivores such as dollars, I still feed only 4 times per week, but they get hanging pieces of nori every morning as well.
Only time feeding is needed every day or more than once per day is with growing fry or young juvenile fish.
I feed twice a day for my rift lake cichlids, (mbuna and peacocks) but I have 48 fish

Check your nitrates and make sure there isn't much leftover food in the bottom of the tank. Detritus worms (which I'm assuming are the ones you have) flourish when there is an excess of organics for them to consume which increase their numbers. Make sure you're using a gravel vac to remove uneaten food and waste. Depending on your nitrate levels it might also be beneficial to increase your WCs size and frequency.

Thank you. I have a question. Why do dollars love the brine shrimp. I have a hard tune feeding anyone else in the tank. (The Oscar's gobble everything up); the dollars eat fibro bites brine and cichlid crumbles. Is this normal?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back