World Cup Predictions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I am hoping for a Portugal Italy final after reading all the whimpering going on about the England loss and how everyone wants to hurt the cheating Portuguese! England cheated themselves if they ever thought they would go anywhere in the world cup. No Class, only beat classless teams, and without any flair. Was anyone suprised when they lost to a team that actually possessed talent?

Pufferpro.

I thought that the English played very well! something to be proud of for sure!

SLC

I thought that the English played very well! something to be proud of for sure!

SLC
Unfortunately, not even close SLC :no:

With the exception of Hargreaves, Lennon and maybe even Crouch, I can't think of any player (including Gerrard) who I would score more than 6/10 based on what we see them do every week in the premiership. That's why we were so confident, because we know what these players do week in and week out, anyone who doesn't watch the Premiership wouldn't believe after watching the World Cup that Frank Lampard is one of the most deadly midfielders around and scored over 20 goals last season :blink: as did Gerrard :huh:

I'd have to concede that the defense played OK as Portugal didn't score in normal play, but I still don't think they played well.

The entire midfield, except Hargreaves (I still can't believe I'm saying that) were poor to average at best. I actually think that we could have fielded Downing, Carrick, Hargreaves and Lennon, with Rooney and Crouch upfront and would probably have gone on to win without the superstars in midfield as none of them performed above average anyway.

All IF, But, Should, May, Could etc and if my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle ;) We didn't play (or change to) the right players or the right formation and we didn't win.

My waist is glad we didn't get through :blink: I'm not sure it could have managed another 2 BBQ's without bursting :lol:

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back