World Cup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think that had Croatia scored, Brazil would have stepped it up and got another, unless it was last minute :nod: As I said before, I think all the big boys are just making sure they don't lose after France lost their opener last time :crazy: and they pretty much all have :nod:

Brazil are far from over rated, they have one of the most talented squads, with 5 or 6 proper match winners in Ronladinho, Robinho, Ronaldo, Adriano and Kaka and sometimes Carlos

Stats from the BBC are:

Possession
Brazil 52% v 48% Croatia
Shots on target
Brazil 8 v 4 Croatia
Shots off target
Brazil 9 v 4 Croatia

So actually Brazil had better possession, more shots on target and more shots off target than Croatia, oh and most importantly, more goals ;)

Spain looked pretty good today though :good: and the Tunisia vs Saudi game was pretty good :nod:

Arfie

When I left to work it was in the 87th minute and ESPN2 (here in the U.S.) displayed the possession stats at 53% Croatia and 47% Brazil. I just feel like the Brazilians gave a very sub par performance, they will probably improve in the next game but I hope not. My friends in Brazil don't even want them to win because of the hype. They tell me of the streets already being painted green and yellow down there, and the people already deciding which of their players will recieve the golden boot after the win. That kind of self-assumption to me is repulsive. Maybe I'd be much more warm to the idea of a Brazilian cup title in 06 if this type of stuff were not happening. I like the Portuguese, probably because I lived there for a few months. Mostly I'm pulling for the Brazilians to be upset so they can get their heads out of the clouds.

Thats my oppinion!

SLC

My friends in Brazil don't even want them to win because of the hype. They tell me of the streets already being painted green and yellow down there, and the people already deciding which of their players will recieve the golden boot after the win. That kind of self-assumption to me is repulsive. Maybe I'd be much more warm to the idea of a Brazilian cup title in 06 if this type of stuff were not happening. I like the Portuguese, probably because I lived there for a few months. Mostly I'm pulling for the Brazilians to be upset so they can get their heads out of the clouds.
Thats my opinion!
SLC

This is exactly the same reason we don't support england, they had the tournament won 2 months ago before it even kicked off. Maybe its all media hype, but after having it rammed down your throats long enough, people will believe anything, and other nations will turn to support anyone who plays against them.

im what you would call a bandwagon brazil fan.. ahaha..

they show games around here at like 1am.. theyre on live at like 8am.. but thats too early..

i dont really like soccer, but for some reason im actually enjoying watching the world cup

i bought a brazil jersey from the salvation army awhile ago for $7.. so i have to say go brazil hahaahaha

After Watching Brazil play their second game, I again have to say that they look to be out of form. The team is really not playing well together. Not what I'd expect from such an "excellent team" I'm thinking that they just might be eliminated in the round of 16 if they don't shape up fast, they'll have to play someone from group E which with the exception of the USA are all playing excellently.

Here's to hoping!

SLC

story.jpg

Lol :hey:

Who is that - Doesnt look Brazilian :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh now I get it :lol:

Sorry Dan I never noticed the Scottish flag on that dudes shirt - I dont even know my country's footie teams strips

Shows what I know bout footie eh

Responce expected ohh around 10.00pm ish :lol:

Didnt even know that Scotland didnt qualify until about a week after it started :look:

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

erm sorry meant to say 1 - 0 England 35 mins in, well done :p

:shout:

2 - 2 :no: What a load of rubbish...

Well the media have until saturday to tell us how amazing Ecuador are and how a 1 - 0 win against them will be one of our greatest achievements, just to make us feel a little better about ourselves :/

I think we'll struggle against Ecuador and then beat Germany before going out in the Semi's.

Just to make a bad night worse i get home to see that the damn electricians ripped out the aerial and i can't watch lost! :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back