World Cup Predictions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SLC Flyfishing

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I sat down today and worked out how I think the World Cup will play out from here on out! I made my predictions based on what I have seen so far, and also what I wish to happen.

So here it is!

Group A (already decided)
Germany 1st
Equador 2nd

Group B
England 1st
Sweden 2nd

Group C
Argentina 1st
Netherlands 2nd

Group D
Portugal 1st
Mexico 2nd

Group E
Italy 1st
Ghana 2nd

Group F
Brazil 1st
Croatia 2nd

Group G
Switzerland 1st
South Korea 2nd

Group H
Spain 1st
Ukraine 2nd

Round of 16

Germany vs Sweden
Mexico vs Argentina
England
vs Equador
Portugal vs Netherlands
Italy vs Croatia
Switzerland
vs Ukraine
Brazil vs Ghana (Ghana is playing incredibly, Brazil, not so well)
Spain vs South Korea

Quarterfinals

Germany vs Argentina
Croatia vs
Switzerland
England vs Portugal
Ghana vs Spain (Spain will finally do something in the World Cup)

Semifinals

Argentina vs Croatia
Portugal vs Spain

Third Place Game

Spain vs Croatia

Final

Argentina vs Portugal

PORTUGAL WINS

Wishful thinking?

Tell me what you think will happen and we'll see who's the closest at the end!

Group A - Same
Group B - Same
Group C - Same
Group D - Same

Group E
Italy 1st
USA 2nd

Group F
Brazil 1st
Australia 2nd

Group G
Switzerland 1st
France 2nd

Group H - Same

Round of 16

Germany vs Sweden
Mexico vs Argentina
England vs Equador
Portugal vs Netherlands
Italy vs Australia
Switzerland vs Ukraine
Brazil vs USA
Spain vs France

Quarterfinals

Germany vs Argentina
Italy vs Ukraine (This is likely to be the shock result for me)
England vs Netherlands
Brazil vs Spain (though I do have a sneaky suspicion that Spain could win this)

Semifinals

Argentina vs Ukraine
England vs Brazil (Vengance will be ours!)

Third Place Game

Brazil vs Ukraine

Final

Argentina vs England

ENGLAND WINS

I don't think Portugal have enough to get past Holland and if they do, they don't have enough to get past England :rolleyes:

Whilst Argentina have looked good, it was OK turning it on against Serbia and Montenegro and Ivory Coast, but they didn't look so good against Holland, so they don't scare me that much and they may well have peaked a little too early :dunno: I wouldn't be surprised if Germany beat them though, with stifling football and home support.

I'm more worried about Brazil and even France, because with all the talent they both have, it's unlikely that the poor form will continue for long and both get stronger as tournaments progress.

As you say, probably also wishful thinking on my part, but I do know the Argies, Germans and Brazilians are all worried about England :nod: So I'd go put money on the opposites of my predictions if you wanna make some cash :lol: So many match ups could easily go either way, I just want to see some better football from now on :nod: oh and an ENGLAND win :hooray: :yahoo:

Arfie

This is good, keep the predictions coming.

Vive O Portugal!
Vamos ganhar em 2006!

SLC

By the way, I'm dead on through group E thus far!

I predict that the team that makes the most goals and prevents the other team from making goals will win each match, And that the teams that win more matches will go further in the tournament, with the team that wins the most winning the entire tournament.

:p

Oh crud, most people interested in the world cup have no interest in Iohn Madden-isms I'll bet.

Germany is def. gonna win the whole thing.

They are unstopable right now. I dont think any team will be able to handle them.

Germany always looks like they are unstoppable, then they get stuck in russia and the entire eastern battle front is unbalanced and the crumble, thats how it works.

Germany looks unstoppable because they haven't played anyone with an ounce of class...

Ecuador, Poland, Costa Rica and Sweden.

Just wait until their next game against Argentina and their defense will be exposed for what it really is...Shambles

I admit that England haven't played anyone with class yet and struggled to put on a performance against them but they will come good against Portugal as they know the portugese posses enough quality to beat them if they don't turn up again.

Brazil will win though i think

That may well be the worst performance I've seen from an England team :angry: If I were Rooney I'd have been beating the daylights out of the entire midfield. The lad is not yet fit, but he's run around all day chasing aimless balls punted randomly in 35C heat. Gerrard was poor, Lampard is dreadful and has been since he got to Germany, Beckham was poor though the free kick was top class and the reason why he has to play, Cole was showing off and innefective. Ferdinand & Terry looked shaky too.

Can't say Rooney was our best player cos he didn't get chance to play, Hargreaves was OK and I'm starting to feel sorry for him, he's never played 2 games on the trot in the same position. Ashley Cole was OK and so was Carrick. Lennon looked good when he came on.

All in all, terrible and lucky to get through.

As for Portugal vs Holland :huh: WTF was that ref on? 17 yellows and 4 reds :crazy: I actually though overall Holland played better, but with the gamesmanship they showed, I'm glad they got knocked out :nod: twice the game was stopped and in drop balls they kept it when courtesy dictates you pass it back to the opposition once lead to Deco getting carded, absolute disgrace!

The saving grace for England is that Portugal will be missing at least one of their best players maybe two if video evidence causes Figo to be banned for a headbutt, though I'm sure Ronaldo will be back.

Arfie

Im still standing by the Germans, and they will win or come damn close to it. Germany has one of, in the not the best, teams out their. Goal has been playing outstanding, as their offence. They havent had much defensive challenge yet, but i feel they are up for it.

Josh

What a bloodbath today! All I can say is that the referee was a total disgrace, both teams played well and even though the netherlands made a few great attempts, our defence is unstoppable, and Ricardo is the man. We'll have to wait to see if FIFA upholds the calls by the referee, I hate to say it but Figo won't be much of a loss if he can't play but I think he'll be available. What was the referee thinking when he threw Deco out. From what I saw the Netherland player threw him to the ground, if he was wasting time it was because he had to pick himself off the ground. That referee had better not be allowed to work in soccer again.

I think that the England game will be a much easier victory than today's against the orange machine. The Portuguese are all fired up and won't be giving anything for free come saturday!

Força Portugal!

SLC

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back