Wondered Why You Waited

MHunt

I think therefore I shouldn't
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
1,485
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
GB
Not quite sure what to call this thread but basically is there a fish you've recently aquired that you've seen in your LFS or pics on the internet for ages but didn't get until recently for for whatever reason? Then you wondered why you waited so long before getting it. Not sure if that makes sense but here's mine.

Mine's the Bristlenose Plec. I kinda wanted a plec of some type for ages but didn't get one because I didn't think it would go in one of my tanks for the size or to go with my other inhabtants. I now have two in my Aqua One 320 (yes I know i'll need to rehome when they get bigger but they'll do for now) and they are some of the most interesting and endearing fishes I have had in my tanks. They look vastly different to anything else I have and are really interesting fish, if a bit timid.

My other one (again another catfish) are Cory catfish. I've had them for ages now, I've even managed to breed them, but they're another fish that I looked at but never got for ages but when I got them wondered why I waited.

Go on then, what's yours?
 
I would have to say that bichirs were like that for me. I always liked them and always wanted them, but didn't really get into them until about a year ago... and it's been a downhill obsession from there! I started out with one senegalus (platinum var.) and ended up with the following:

2 x p. senegalus (platinum var. and regular)
p. delhezi
p. palmas palmas
p. palmas buetikofferi
p. palmas polli
p. retropinnis
p. ornatipinnis
p. teugelsi

I think that's all of them... :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top