Winter Ice Storm in Texas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I assumed winters were pretty steady cold up there during the winter?
But then again, "Pacific Northwest" isn't very pacific...I mean, specific.....

Strange thing about major snow storms here in western New York, everyone complains about the snow but everyone seems so happy when the big snow falls hit (of course, when they finally get home from work). Now personally I would rather be in Key West, Florida right now, 82 degrees and sunny. But if I am living in a colder climate, give me some snow.

For me the worst weather is 1C and rain....

I'm just not a snow person (mainly because it usually comes with icy roads, which skeer me to death), it's just rare here on the Gulf Coast, not as much up north toward Dallas and Amarillo and such...of course, the kiddies here love it, the few times in their lives they'll see it if they stay here...

Strange thing about major snow storms here in western New York, everyone complains about the snow but everyone seems so happy when the big snow falls hit (of course, when they finally get home from work). Now personally I would rather be in Key West, Florida right now, 82 degrees and sunny. But if I am living in a colder climate, give me some snow.

For me the worst weather is 1C and rain....
Then you won't like it here. Last two days was -1C and today is rainy. People move here and get depressed due to the sun not showing up too often. I will wilt in hot weather! Had my share when I was younger and know I won't go back to heat if I can help it. Anything above 20C is a no no.

Then you won't like it here. Last two days was -1C and today is rainy. People move here and get depressed due to the sun not showing up too often. I will wilt in hot weather! Had my share when I was younger and know I won't go back to heat if I can help it. Anything above 20C is a no no.
Dang, I was gonna get you to come visit this August....pick a Saturday with 98F and 90% humidity...and help me with some yard work!

Finally got the pics of my daughters pool and waterfall. It is frozen. Also a pic of her walking in a snow bank. Note the slide too. She’s up closer to Waco, TX.

Attachments

• 199E614B-8BF8-4CDD-8F04-9E72EE0B0965.jpeg
    199E614B-8BF8-4CDD-8F04-9E72EE0B0965.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 53
  • 05D8859F-D186-48C9-9ABE-28073A60873F.jpeg
    05D8859F-D186-48C9-9ABE-28073A60873F.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 97105DF1-F492-4D20-AA7B-A4D010C7AADF.jpeg
    97105DF1-F492-4D20-AA7B-A4D010C7AADF.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 55
Then you won't like it here.
Before I got married, I was thinking about moving to Seattle. But those winters with drizzly everyday seem depressing. On the other hand, we get about the same amount of sunshine that Seattle gets, our winter suck....

Before I got married, I was thinking about moving to Seattle. But those winters with drizzly everyday seem depressing. On the other hand, we get about the same amount of sunshine that Seattle gets, our winter suck....
I am not affected by the grey day and absolutely love to have mountains and ocean together, with the added bonus that everything stays green during winter.

New England winters are depressing to me, with everything turning drab after Autumn. The foliage show is stunning, though. Summers are too hot and humid.

I think I landed in the right place. ;)

Finally got the pics of my daughters pool and waterfall. It is frozen. Also a pic of her walking in a snow bank. Note the slide too. She’s up closer to Waco, TX.
Wow...so the swim party was cancelled?
That's on her private property? No fence required around the pool?
Huge piece of land, nice and open, I like it.

I am not affected by the grey day and absolutely love to have mountains and ocean together, with the added bonus that everything stays green during winter.

New England winters are depressing to me, with everything turning drab after Autumn. The foliage show is stunning, though. Summers are too hot and humid.

I think I landed in the right place. ;)
AHH, you're in Hawaii!
Talk about Pacific NW.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back