Will This Work

hihi100202

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
482
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
USA
x1 bn pleco
x1 rainbow shark
x3 dwarf gouramis (1 male, 2 female)
x6 bleeding heart tetras
x3 platys

Will this work in a 29/30 gallon tank? :/
 
Whats the foot print of the tank? As the rainbows are recommended for a 4ft tank might be a bit problematic in a three, that said they are considered less aggressive than the red tails, so not sure having not kept them see what people say.

Just a comment on the stocking and this is purely personal preference on my part but you are really close to an Asian biotope if you miss the tetras and the plec and swap them for others like medium sized danio or barbs. Hikari yellow danio are gorgeous fish, as are black ruby barbs both would look good I think. Like I say its not a problem if not though.

:good:
 
asian biotope would mean he would have to lose the platies too
 
lol sorry it was just me being fussy. A biotope is when you pick fish from one area there are varying degrees of biotope for example some people track down fish and plants from one river, where as others do it from countries or near cities or towns. Usually I stick to countries though but its personal preference.

In hindsight it would mean doing to much to your tank so if you are happy with it stick with it :good: Like I said though I would look for some more advice on the Rainbow Shark.

wills
 
ya i was never sure about the rainbow
i will research that

I think i will keep the plec, it just pry wont be a bristle nose.

x1 bn pleco
x1 rainbow shark
x3 dwarf gouramis (1 male, 2 female)
x? tiger barbs <<<
edit: x? ? ? ?
 
x1 bn pleco
x1 rainbow shark
x3 dwarf gouramis (1 male, 2 female)
x6 tiger barbs
x5-6 ghost shrimp
x2 mollies

?
 
I have a rainbow shark in my 33 gal and its fine :good:

Doesnt bother any other fish at all, I used to have a shipwreck in the tank until I decided it looked tacky and got rid but when that was in there the shark claimed it as its own but did used to let other fish in with it so no probs

Andy
 
x1 bn pleco
x1 rainbow shark
x3 dwarf gouramis (1 male, 2 female)
x6 tiger barbs
x2 mollies
 
x1 bn pleco
x1 rainbow shark
x3 dwarf gouramis (1 male, 2 female)
x6 tiger barbs
x2 mollies


looks good :good: to me only thing I would maybe do is up your number of tiger barbs to say 9? just to try and keep the aggression towards each other rather than things like the gourami etc.
 
ya thats a good idea.

x1 clown pleco <<<
x1 rainbow shark
x3 dwarf gouramis (1 male, 2 female)
x9 tiger barbs
x2 mollies

I think I either want to switch out the the mollies or add another fish, one that is active and more of a "showy" fish
 
Personally I have very little time for the common livebearers so I would support that choice :lol: How about some Golden Panchax for the top? Have a google I think they might work. Though they do get a bit big...

Clown pleco would be a good choice for the tank I think there are quite a few that would be good for you depends on your budget really ;)
 
The golden panchax? They are not really that rare I dont think. My LFS's dont have them in all the time but you do see them a few times throughout the year. There are a few different varieties like red or checkered as well some stay smaller than others. In the stores they are sometimes quite dull but colour up fantastic in the home aquarium :) Where abouts are you from if you dont mind me asking?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top