Will My Fish Be Okay For 2 Days Without Food?

lukejwindsor

New Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm going away tomorrow morning until monday night - if I give my fish a good feed before I go, and leave some veggies and algae tablets in there, will they be alright?

Thanks!
 
When we go away we put a weekend feeder block in the tank we get them from Pets at home you have to read what is better as some are a solid block designed for 2-3 days some work on 7 days and they feed a different number of fish. I have only lost one fish in the many times we have been away and that was when a friend came in mid week to put a new block in as we only had a small number of fish we decided 2 use 2 weekend blocks and real food 1 day mid week and a fish jumped out with out him knowing.
 
Yes, they will be fine.

IMO, I would not use the feeder blocks, because it is mostly made up of plaster, which is obviously not something the fish should be eating.
 
I'm going away tomorrow morning until monday night - if I give my fish a good feed before I go, and leave some veggies and algae tablets in there, will they be alright?

Thanks!
They will be fine - enjoy your trip
 
Mine go without food at least once a week on purpose. Constant food supplies meanb they never search out the food that they miss in the first few minutes after feeding. Even the most careful gravel vac never gets it all so I give my guys a day to find what we have both missed. It ends up with a smaller bioload in the tank that way.
 
Hi,

The fish we keep in our aquariums will generally survive anything up to around 2 weeks without food with no ill effects.

Don't worry about them they'll be fine. Don't be tempted to overfeed before you go either. Schoolboy error!!

Also, when you come back, only feed 1/2 doses for the first 2 days or so, then increase it to 3/4 doses for a couple of days, before introducing full feeding again. This will give your filter time to catch up if it needs to after the lack of ammonia from the lack of food.

Cheers :good:

BTT
 
In the wild they can go for up to a month without food (although this is not recommended in the aquarium).
But yes, I would say two weeks without food and still they would be no worse off.
So two days will be perfectly alright!

:)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top