Wild Betta Coloring Question.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

keithp

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok this may seem stupid but, do wild male bettas only show the bright blue and red coloring while displaying, or do they have it all the time like domestic bettas?

Ok this may seem stupid but, do wild male bettas only show the bright blue and red coloring while displaying, or do they have it all the time like domestic bettas?

Dont understand what your asking? the color in wild bettas is rather differant compaired to domestic bettas

http://www.ibcbettas.org/smp/species/splendens.html

this is my wild color male ,

22122009702.jpg

I was just asking if a betta like your male is that brightly colored all the time, or only during mating, but it appears that it's all the time.

I was just asking if a betta like your male is that brightly colored all the time, or only during mating, but it appears that it's all the time.

ahh, yeh i see now, yup like that all the time :good:

He is really nice; I love the 'reflective bits on him'; my betta has them too but I didn't notice them in the shop; it was only when I got him home that I noticed them (I'll have to post a photo)

Ah, so you weren't the only one to find a rooster in the hen house. :lol: I have purchased a male that way as well, and he was a great little plakat. More blue than yours, though.

llj

Mine was the same, sold as female but turned out to be a gorgeous male after a while. :)

I think that it totally depends on the species you are referring too. Splendens like the one shown above I think are going to have so much help from human breeding that even the "wild type" are going to be colored all the time.

I had some F0 B. Imbellis that showed color all the time, but nothing like the ones you usually see that have been crossed with Splendens.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back